Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Description:

CustomCougars.Com is proud to release 2.5L Duratec V6 Shorty Style Headers. The headers are made from T-304 Stainless Steel. All piping is Mandrel bent tubing. The headers have not been dyno tested to show actual HP to the wheels, but estimates are in the 15-20hp range. These headers will require slight modification such as welding to fit particular model years of the Mercury Cougar. When ordering, you will be sent 1 set of headers along with a Y-Pipe that will connect to your cat converter. Please note you must have a 3 bolt flange on your Cat converter for these headers to work. The 3-bolt flange is common on all Automatics as well as all 5-Speeds produced after Nov 99. The easiest way to determine if your car has a 2-bolt or 3-bolt flange is to look under the car.

Installation Information:

Installation requires removal of existing exhaust manifolds. It is recommended to have a shop install these headers. Due to the variety of O2 sensors installed from the factory from Mercury, the addition of a 'Bung' to house an additional O2 sensor may need to be added on 99-00 Mercury Cougars. On 2001-2002 Cougars, a plug will be shipped that will be used to plug up one of the current O2 sensors since most models only have 2 O2 sensors located within the headers. These headers will not work if you have a Vortec Supercharger installed.
Average Install time is shop depentdent with a level 5 of install difficulty.
Install Difficulty Scale 1-5, 1 is the easiest and 5 is the hardest.

Shipping Information:

Item usually ships out in 1-3 business days. Method of shipping is UPS (www.ups.com) Ground Shipping with Signature Required. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii or International Orders are subject to delay.

Ordering Information:

Product Price: $649
Shipping Price: $20
Call Us to Order With Credit Card (540-663-5363)

Or Order Online Using Paypal

To View Photos or Order, Visit http://www.customcougars.com/ and go to Performance - Headers

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
These will work with the contours right? Does anyone know the flange # for the 98 contours?

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
As far as I heard over on NECO these are the same headers which WeaponR ripped off from MSDS...

3.0 14.392@97.237 2.302 60ft OEM 4-bolt LCA's $105 each Watch me go
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
That is incorrect... As I have posted many times before on NECO. I hope the drama will not follow to the CEG boards

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Then why do they look like the same exact ones as Weapon R posted a while back????

Who made these pullies anyhow? Were they built in the USA? How about the warranty on them?

I also heard about the possible fires that may be caused by these headers since they dont have any kind of coating on them.... Is there any warranty on this issue?

A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
There is only soo many ways you can make shorty headers for the cougar. MSDS was the very first company to do so. These headers are similar, but different in design. Look at MSDS pics then look at mine.

There will be no warranty against fires. I don't even know why this is an issue. I have the SF Turbo Kit installed on my car using T-301 Stainless Steel which is Polished and running much higher exhaust temps and I have NO ISSUES what so ever. I think the point is simple. Don't believe everything you read on NECO. People who have MSDS headers are going to support MSDS cause that is what they have. People who dislike me for whatever reason are going to support MSDS cause its only right to go against me. In time, I am sure my headers will prove themselves and I will not have to worry about the drama. Now I will say again, please no drama on the boards. If you don't like them, not intereted... fine post... but if you are here to simply start stuff, I would ask nicely you withdrawl future posts. I came to this board to offer the deal to CEG. I will continue to offer them to CEG since I am sure others will not prolong the drama from a NECO post such as yourself.

Thanks

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I was just looking at the pictures and sorry to say they look pretty much identical

Here are the MSDS headers

And here are the rip offs

I guess pictures really do speak a thousand words

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
As far as I heard over on NECO these are the same headers which WeaponR ripped off from MSDS...

And I know who Gave the headers to Weapon R to copy

And yes they do look exactly like MSDS headers.........

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Are they available without the y-pipe? I have a stainless BAT high flow y-pipe with cat already.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard