Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
I am currently researching the interest in a V8 swap kit for Countour/Cougar. We have put together a V8 Focus and a few Contour and Cougar owners have expressed an interest in having a conversion for their cars. You can check out our Focus at www.atimotorsports.com. I am not soliciting sales just try to judge interest. Any feedback positive or negative would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
No offense homie... But if it's going to cose as much as the Focus, I think you might have a tough sell on your hands since majority of the people here have a tough time swinging the cost of turbos, superchargers, and 3.0 Swaps.

But... If you have interest and can pull it off - I'll be impressed.

Sal Khan 00 SVT - Not pretty 00 Aprilia RSV Mille - Also Loved. http://www.thelunchjournals.com "I just want someone I can stand once her mouth is free of obstruction."
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Holy crap $70K for a Supercharged V8 Focus.....Gulp!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
F that

Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
"Structure
Body reinforced with welded subframe connectors
Custom tubular K-member
Custom strut tower brace
Modified rear IRS cradle"

and i thought the gold member was bad enough...

the 3.0L oval port 3.0L '98 midnight blue se
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I think that price is the biggest determining factor. I myself am saving up for a 3 liter/Turbo conversion. If I could get a small block stuffed under the hood for a couple of xtra $K, I might consider it.

Since the 3L upgrade appears to be pretty straight forward (and fairly affordable) ATI may want to consider throwing that idea around the office.

-Mike

=======2000 Black SVT======= - B&M Shifter - Sound system is halfway done. - More later...
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
honestly, isn't that what most of you end up spending on a new engine, transmission, and installation?

I don't know, since I got a 2003 V8 4Runner with 320tq, all I've been thinking about is TORQUE, and granted a SF TC would suffice (props to Stazi!), can't beat a NA V8. . .it's the price of small car, but if you're getting a new engine and transmission and all we're supplying is the shell, well, I think you can salvage some costs by selling the MTX75, the engine, etc. . .probably come to about $10k net after everything's sold, which is what most boosted 3L engine builds cost around here. . .

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I think adding the V-8 would be a little overboard for me ,I would like to try the Turbo-3L and see what i get from that !

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
well obviously the V8 contour buzz has started once again....

Posts regarding this topic are now in 3 different forums.

seems this happens about once a month around here.

99 Mystique LS T-Red ATX Duratec Mods: Hella stereo Mods K & N air filter w/intake pipe www.sounddomain.com/id/jongordo8
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by JonGordo8:
well obviously the V8 contour buzz has started once again....

Posts regarding this topic are now in 3 different forums.

seems this happens about once a month around here.

Yes, and as always, someone will say someting like, "Imagine the look on the dealers face when you pull up for an oil change...." etc.

98 GL sport (V6 MTX) The Durable Duratec? - (DMD, Metal impeller WaterPump, Synth & Stinky in the tranny)
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard