Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
I have a 98' SE 2.5L MTX and my IMRC is done for. I know that it is bad. Bassicaly I need to temporarily pin them open... I want to make sure that they are all of the way open though... what is the best way to do this? I know that I can grab the linkage and tie it open... but I am not sure that it is all of the way open when I do this... is there a good way to tie them completely open? Thanks for the help in advance.

P.S. I don't want to hear about how it is a bad idea and so on... I am doing this till it warms up because it is too damn cold to do the whole IMRC project right now... I just need my car NOT to be a pig in the meantime, that's all.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Dude,

My IMRC died as well..just let it go. Drive w/out the seconderies..it ain't gonna kill you. But the loss of low-end will make your driving an unhappy experience. BTW..its not that bad to replace...maybe an hour...and I beleive TH can supply a used one for a good price...he did mine!

W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
Like I said... I want to do this temporarily... when I replace the IMRC, I am going to take the upper and lower intake off and de-gunk it, so it is going to take more than an hour. As far as the power loss with the secondaries stuck closed... I can't let it go... the car is a total pig! I am a speed (power) freak and the whole point behind me buying the tour' is that it is one peppy, powerfull daily driver, I would have bought a 4-banger (no offense to anyone) if I wanted a slow car out of the box. I am sure that there is a good way to do this to make sure that they are open all of the way as I know that there are tons of people on here that have pinned them in the past.

B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Use a large ty-wrap around the linkage. Just pull it open with your fingers, then secure the ty-wrap. Simple.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
Thanx bnoon... is there any place imparticular that works best for tie wrapping the other end to? I just want to make sure that I get the right angle so that it won't slip closed or partialy closed with time or something like that. What do other people end up tieing it to?

B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
There are a couple of "legs" on the lower intake where the secondary rods come out of the LIM. Just wrap it around the opposite side leg once you operate the linkage by hand. It should be very obvious which one to wrap it around.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
Thanx again... I will rip the intake before the t-body off to get a better angle on it, sure that would help. I will check that out, thank you.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard