Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
That sucks man, although it doesnâ??t really surprise me. Last winter a family of Raccoon's made a home out of my familiesâ?? boat. The entire cabin was torn appart; they did something like $15,000 in damages. Our insurance covered the labor for the repairs, but there was a pretty steep depreciation rate on materials.

~~~~~~Mike~~~~~~ Black 2006 VW Rabbit Silver 2000 Contour SVT - SOLD ~~~~The Car~~~~~
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Dude that sucks, but something kinda like that happened to me last summer. But it wasn't my car, it was my lawn mower. A mouse made a home under the hood and everytime I started it up it would shoot out. I could never catch it. But one time when i went to mow the lawn, the mower wouldn't start. Come to find out the little ba$$tard chewed through some wire that cost $52 to replace(Sales women,"they only come in sets of 3"). Well I hope Insurance covers yours.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
"Heyyyyy my house is a mobile home! Come Baaaaack!"

Bob - The Squirrel

Holy crap I amuse myself. I can't stop laughing... ohhh man. Funny. Sorry about your engine dude. If it helps... I saw this video of these people who built a catapult for the little rodents. It would run along and then it would run across the catapult only to fly like 50 ft through the air... oh man that was even funnier....

95 Mystique GS Zetec ATX: Dead - Dec 5th, 2003 94 Accord LX 2.2L MTX Non-Vtec. Few bolt ons. 02 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 ATX. This thing has the CD4E in it?! What the hell was ford thinking?
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
At the shop I used to work at we had to replace a ladies front bumber on her Volvo two times because her dog ate it,chewed the thing up pretty good.
We also saw alot of nests in the hood liners..full of dog food,one time about 25 pounds,mice had made a home in there.The car was parked in a garage where the dog and food were stored.
Also had a few mice in the HVAC blower....messy.
And one rat in the timing belt cover....the customer went to start the car and well the belt caught the rat and then the belt jumped off the gears,got chewed up and banged up all of the valves chiped a few cylinders....cost the customer $8000 for a new motor....Volvo 850 Turbo...

I AM WE TODD IT I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i can't believe all that i'm reading, all these stories are bananas!!!

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
damn that sux. i wonder if the culprit was chewing on the spark plug wires when the car was running , im sure he woulda loved that feeling. LOL. good luck man.

'99 ČoňtôúŔ SE Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 AudioBahn AW1206T Flame Q Sub AudioBahn 1300HCQ Amp Blue LED Switches and HVAC
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by hellahydro:
i can't believe all that i'm reading, all these stories are bananas!!!

Heh, I think Hella just wanted an excuse to use the dancing banana guy !

2000 Contour SVT 17" Focus SVT wheels Intrax suspension #1694
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Found out it cost $530 in parts and labor through L/M dealership. Ignition coil, spark plug wires, and various other small hoses/wires had to be replaced. Good thing I only have to pay a $50 deductible.

I think I will have my car back tomorrow. Big props to Lincoln-Mercury and Allstate for getting this problem fixed very rapidly. Whooo woooooo!

Chris G. ~ 98 Mystique LS ATX
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Good to hear, man
$50 sounds pretty good considering how much it could have been.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
How long do you go without looking under your hood ?

Pete... 2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black Clearcoat/Dark Charcoal LEATHER DOB 10/31/2003 DOP 1/2/2004 www.mercurymarauder.net
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard