Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#554627 02/23/03 09:03 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I go to my car today, which was parked somewhere for 2 days, and it doesn't start. Im like wtf? I pop the hood and find a sh*tload of grass, leaves, strips of paper, and pieces of my FIREWALL piled into the back left (passenger) corner of my engine bay. I thought for a second that maybe it was debris that fell in, but I quickly rejected that theory when I found all my spark plug wires chewed in half and various other rubber hoses and insulation bitten apart. Even the ignition coil and some copper wires were chewed through (dont know what wires they are though). Basically, I am livid.

Is this like the twilight zone or what? Has anyone heard of sh*t like this happening? How could an animal even get under the hood to make a nest...crawl up from underneath??? And Im pretty much ruling out that it was a person, since there's the nest evidence and since I dont know how a human could access the engine bay with the hood closed.

Anyone know if insurance will cover this, and how much it will cost to repair? Im looking at replacing the plug wires, possibly the ignition coil, and other various copper wires near that area.

Chris G. ~ 98 Mystique LS ATX
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
dude that sucks. Yeah I have heard stories of animals inhabiting the engine bay. I don't know if comprehensive coverage would cover that, but considering my dad has been an insurance agent for 34 years I will give him a call and talk to him about it.

I just talked to my dad and he said that it would most likely be covered under insurance if you have comprehensive coverage. He says call your agent to make sure.

Last edited by JonGordo8; 02/23/03 09:09 PM.

99 Mystique LS T-Red ATX Duratec Mods: Hella stereo Mods K & N air filter w/intake pipe www.sounddomain.com/id/jongordo8
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
They should cover it, I know they don't cover acts done by domestic animals, cause my dogs destroyed a townhome once...

2000 CSVT #1172 of 2150 Toreador Red Birthday 1/4/2000 *Drop in K&N/FMS Wires/AutolitePP Plugs *Sylvania SilverStar/Indiglo Gauges *Pioneer Premier P730/Sound by Audiobahn *White HVAC Panel/Elky Mesh Mod/35% tint
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
When you are finished with the repairs, make sure you wash the area down. Rodents tend to return if they smell the scent that was left behind where they nested.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
hungery lil sh!ts eh......i had that done to my shelby once the lil sh!t ate though my vacume harness what a pain .

"never under esimate the predictablity of stupidty" Bullet Tooth Tony
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
lol@squirrel eating an engine. First time I've heard of that one.

File a claim and see what happens. You never know they might help you out.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Antiramie:

And Im pretty much ruling out that it was a person, since there's the nest evidence and since I dont know how a human could access the engine bay with the hood closed.

could have been a gremlin, those little ba$tards get into everything. my mom once started her car in the winter about 10 years ago and found out that there was a cat inside the compartment. poor cat, it was nasty.

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by Big Jim:
When you are finished with the repairs, make sure you wash the area down. Rodents tend to return if they smell the scent that was left behind where they nested.

ROTFLMAO! I know this is true, but I have this image of a `tour cruising down the road with all these squirrls behind it, running like hell trying to keep up! And all these high pithced voices yelling, "Hey! Where you going with my house!?".

Sorry to hear about this. I hope the insurance company does cover it. Sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun getting it back together.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
When it was really cold here recently, a mouse moved into my car overnight. He somehow got into my glovebox, removed the napkins I had in there, and built a nest on top of the warm engine! No other damage though....

While your comp would probably cover it, you would have to satisfy the deductible (500? or 1000?) first.

I'm here for a good time, not a long time. '96 GL Zetec ATX (R.I.P.) '86 Mustang LX ragtop (wants to be 5.0 when it grows up) '96 Dodge Stratus '95 Mercury Sable wagon
L
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
L
I,m a mechanic for a small buy here pay here lot, and i,ve seen this many of times . One time i was checking a blower motor in a dynasty and i found a bunch of chewed wires . then the lil booger mouse chewed my finger an ran off

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard