New CEG\'er
Z
Ok here is the problem.

2000 Ford Contour SE V6 Sport.
Non return fuel system
63,800 Miles
New fuel Filter at 59K.
Cleaned Fuel pump screens At 60K

Here is the problem, when i have less then a full tank of gas the car just run's out of fuel PSI at WOT. Now i have check the usuel stuff like air filter, plugs ( which have evidances of leanning out), Eng. VAc., wireing and such. Any one have any ideas about this? It's all most gotten me into a few accadents trying to get out on to a buzy street's and it just bogs out. It doesn't stall but after the above it has a strong rich smell from the exhaust system, it then acts like it's going to stall. it usuaely does unless i floor it then it will run all right?????????!!!!

Any help will be thank full.

Zintac

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Does the fuel pressure actually drop? Did you install a fuel pressure gauge and drive it?

If you are indeed losing fuel pressure it would most likely be a bad fuel pump. Since fuel pressure on a good pump is controlled by the PCM and fuel pump controller, they are posibilities too, but not nearly as common.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Zintac:
Ok here is the problem.

2000 Ford Contour SE V6 Sport.
Non return fuel system
63,800 Miles
New fuel Filter at 59K.
Cleaned Fuel pump screens At 60K

Here is the problem, when i have less then a full tank of gas the car just run's out of fuel PSI at WOT. Now i have check the usuel stuff like air filter, plugs ( which have evidances of leanning out), Eng. VAc., wireing and such. Any one have any ideas about this? It's all most gotten me into a few accadents trying to get out on to a buzy street's and it just bogs out. It doesn't stall but after the above it has a strong rich smell from the exhaust system, it then acts like it's going to stall. it usuaely does unless i floor it then it will run all right?????????!!!!

Any help will be thank full.

Zintac

Hey man, I am having the same f***ing problems right now myself. Less than a year ago I had the problem and replaced the fuel filter. That worked for maybe a week. After that the mechanic said it was the whole fuel assembly (which cost around $500). It hasn't even been a year yet and I'm having the same problem (everything is fine till my tank reaches around 1/2, and then at WOT in 1st gear it bogs down and feels like it is having trouble reaching 6250 RPM). This really sucks, and I will be taking it back in once I get a chance. But for now, I will just be filling up every other day.

2005 WR Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2005 Silver Mazda 6s 5-Door ATX Bose Sound, Moonroof, Leather, Clear Tails, Sirius
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
By the way, you both need to remove and throw away the bottom fuel pump screen on the fuel pump module if you have not already done so. The mesh is too fine and the serface area is too small so it plugs way too easy. There is still a conventional sock type filter in the pick up inside the fuel pump module to protect the pump. This may solve the problem for both of you.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
Z
Zintac Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Does the fuel pressure actually drop? Did you install a fuel pressure gauge and drive it?

If you are indeed losing fuel pressure it would most likely be a bad fuel pump. Since fuel pressure on a good pump is controlled by the PCM and fuel pump controller, they are posibilities too, but not nearly as common.

Yes, i have a fuel PSI gage on the car right now, it only does it when i have less then 3/4, 1/2 a tank of gas and only a WOT. The fuel PSI drops off to nothing when at WOT, and i can't hear the pump running. Where is this Fuel Pump Controller located at in the car, I think i want to check it.

Thanks

Zintac

Z
Zintac Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by Big Jim:
By the way, you both need to remove and throw away the bottom fuel pump screen on the fuel pump module if you have not already done so. The mesh is too fine and the serface area is too small so it plugs way too easy. There is still a conventional sock type filter in the pick up inside the fuel pump module to protect the pump. This may solve the problem for both of you.

Yo know i was going to remove that dam thing last time i had it apart and didn't. I might try that, But the weird thing is, is that it started doing this in may of 02. It was running fine till that day and dam. Now this. I Realy hate non return fuel systems.

Thanks.

Zintac

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard