Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I personally like the RX-7 suggestion. IIRC the other day I saw a turbo AWD AWS option on the RX-7, on like the 1988 model. I guess it's pretty rare, but it seems like a really good Auto X/rally car. Or you could try and find a Galant VR-4. There was one up the street for sale for like $1500, really great deal for a turbo, AWD, AWS car. Those would be my first choices.

Austin -officially a troll See it here Pro-Flow w/ optimizer STILL for sale
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by ETayrien:
hatchirokus are sooo cool. i would love to have one. arent they rare tho?

i think it may be hard to find the hatchback version, but there is also a coupe version that may be easier to find. i'm not sure, never really tried hard to find one.

old rx-7's are an idea, i'd just be weary of the maitenence on the rotary.

mark

2002 s2k - stock used to own a black 98 Mystique GS Spree zetec/atx
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
Wait, a VR-4 for $1500???

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I'm about done with the Contour, and take over my mom's Impreza OBS or buy a 2.5RS to do more mods than I did to the Contour. Above all, I'm going to use adjustable struts and coilover so I can run in AutoX and RallyX in that car. AWD rulez!

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by LittleFishie:

My thoughts exactly. Very rare and desireable bird.
Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
the most important thing is buying a cheap, durable car. If you rally or rallyX it, yuo're gonna crash. no point in getting something you'll hate yourself for crashing. Also look at class divisions. most go by displacement, and other items, such as turbos. Up here in Canada, anything over 2.0L will put you in open class, against EVos and STIs. Golfs are competative. this years national P3 champ was in a MkII GTI. Also, suzuki swift twincams do well, and are stupid light. learn how to left foot brake, and you should be able to hustle around a FWD car as fast or faster than a RWD car. The biggest thing is seat time. you could buy something fast, but if you can't drive, you won't be competative. Get something underpowered that forces you to keep speed through turns, and hold onto momentum. And stay away from AWD. just think about other cars in teh stock class (WRX, STI etc)

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Quote:

but if you can't drive, you won't be competative. Get something underpowered that forces you to keep speed through turns, and hold onto momentum.

Word. Ive seen a cadillac sts beat a shelby cobra.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Brian i know a women in our area that is selling a first gen. RX-7. She has never bougha car before in her life, she doesn't know jack what she has and wants to sell it. I can probly get some more info to you, my mom andnher are good friends. IF that is sometihng your looking for you could probley get that real cheap.

1998 T-Red SVT (SOLD) #4230 BOD-12/5/97 99 3L and stuff 2003 Jaguar X-Type
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
If he is not interested i am, let me know if you have any more information.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Quote:

I know my thoughts exactly. My dad and I looked at the car, it needed a new paint job and the engine had really high miles, like 160,xxx. I know the kid who bought it and he just ordered a new motor from japan and put that in, now it's one of the fastest cars in Ft. Collins. I really wish I would have bought it.

Austin -officially a troll See it here Pro-Flow w/ optimizer STILL for sale
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard