Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by Qbert:
Why would you seriously want to do this when you can buy dime a dozen turbo dodges. $500 gets you a great turbo dodge car, Omni, Charger, etc. and there are parts in the junkyard everywhere. Just add fuel and up the boost in those things...who cares if you blow a motor just buy another one, they are incredibly cheap.

Couldn't agree more.

Get one with a Turbo II engine if you get one.

thats what i wanted to hear! i love turbo dodges...

edit: except the neon.

Last edited by ETayrien; 02/20/03 02:07 PM.

now officially a troll, i guess. used to have a black 96 SE, until it broke down one too many times. now I'm hunting for a motorycle.
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
I've got a 323GTX for sale.....awesome rallyx car very rare though

How much?????

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
You never read my posts regarding my "Rallye Aspire" did you? I took the hubcaps off, threw some "dirt tires" on the stock rims, put some KC lights on the front bumper, and used it on an overnight rural newspaper route.

Most of the roads were washboard gravel, and when it rained it got SOUPY! My wife and I pulled handbrake turns, jumped the thing when hitting the occasional unseen rut, and even backed it into a tree (on a pitch black night in the boondocks). I can honestly say that 4-door, 64 horsepower egg never got me stuck, stranded, or otherwise.

Only problem was lack of HP and, of course, it's FWD. Maybe with a Mazda motor and some suspension it would compete... either way, it's the only way to have that much fun with an Aspire.

-Rob *Just turned over 100k @ 100 mph! 1998 Contour Sport V6 ATX w/ mods & DMD http://photobox.absoluteagency.com/home/default.asp?lackey
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
LOL,
Sounds like the neon on the Mischief 3000 video. lol i wanna puke when i see that thing

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Well, if you want to start cheap, a Merkur XR4Ti can be had for very cheap. And if you want to beef it up, Sierra Cosworth stuff will bolt right on for the most part

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Interested in an '88 K Car??

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I've got a 1986 Huyndai Stellar for sale! 200 bucks!
It runs perfect, engine has been replaced, rear wheel drive, 5 speed...

It would be a good rallyx vehicle.. but autocross.. no clue
its farely big.. got some pics if you like?

1.6 Litre 110 Horsepower
(I think thats what the engine is)

I was gonna throw a V8 in it.. but decided not to

1997 Civic CX (lsvtec,el frontend,fast, nuff said)
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
LMAO!! You're ahead of me, atleast yours runs! I thought about throwing in a rebuilt 2.4L with a Daytona turbo/intercooler... LOL

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
i personaly think anything rwd would be fun for both auto-x and rally-x, which leads me to propose the mid-80's Toyotas (corolla?) with rear wheel drive (the hachi-roku or how ever you say it) or maybe around the same time a nissan 240sx. both can be had for cheap, can be reliable if maintained well, parts arent to hard to come by, and rwd is fun for sliding around in the dirt and gettin' sideways on pavement.

cheap awd cars are harder to find, and just have more driveline parts that can break. fwd cars can be fun, you just have to use the e-brake rather than the throttle to get sideways.

mark

2002 s2k - stock used to own a black 98 Mystique GS Spree zetec/atx
E
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
hatchirokus are sooo cool. i would love to have one. arent they rare tho?

now officially a troll, i guess. used to have a black 96 SE, until it broke down one too many times. now I'm hunting for a motorycle.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard