Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I know that this subject has been beaten to death, but I have the chance to get two brand new 40 Series 2-chamber Flowmasters for half price! I searched every possible spelling and usage I could think of, but couldn't find anyone who had used Flowmasters on their SVT exhaust (I guess it's sacrilige or something to hack up an SVT exhaust) and, if they had, which ones would work without too much cutting and welding on the shop's part. The mufflers I can get are part #42443 two chamber Delta mufflers-2.25" inlet/outlet with an offset......Will these work?? I really haven't had a chance to crawl under the car to see if they will (it's 10 degrees below zero here with the windchill!), but I know the stock SVT mufflers are 10" long, as far a s the casing goes....Any thoughts, observations would be appreciated! I only have a day or so to "lock up" this deal.

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
The stock mufflers are:

1 side is offset in/center out
1 side is center in/offset out

A muffler shop can make any 2.25 muffler work, really...as long as the in/out are proper.

I have a Delta Flowmaster 40...and I like it. Its not low and rumbly like a magnaflow..its more metallic and Rallie-ie.

If I were you...I'd get the Flow-40s...and install a Dynomax Bullet in the resonator position...

J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by mcgainer:

I have a Delta Flowmaster 40...and I like it. Its not low and rumbly like a magnaflow..its more metallic and Rallie-ie.

the signature Flowmaster sound.

Something used as a resonator is important to take the edge off the loudness of the Flowmasters especially here in CT more importantly to help quiet the interior sound, becasue as Flowmaster advertises, the 40 series have the highest interior sound level of all the Flowmasters.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Thanks both guys!! Won't the resonator that is already on the SVT exhaust suffice??

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by wontgrowup:
Thanks both guys!! Won't the resonator that is already on the SVT exhaust suffice??

Not really, I believe it necks down to a slimmer 2.0 inch diameter on the inside of it creating a restriction.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Magnaflow makes a good replacement resonator.

~~~~~~Mike~~~~~~ Black 2006 VW Rabbit Silver 2000 Contour SVT - SOLD ~~~~The Car~~~~~
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Hmmmm.....i didn't know that....wierd! Anything for a gain in backpressure. Those mufflers were the same inlet/outlet, so without some pipe bending, they wouldn't fit right. I think I'll save my$ for that Brullen on the Group buy

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard