Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Hi All

Just checking in to see if the time is right for a group buy on Contour and SVT Contour brakes. We're getting the prices set and will post them, if there is enough interest at this time. If not, we'll wait for a later date.

Thanks for your time.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Got my whole set of rotors and pads redone in KVR last summer, but I may be in for some new pads if the price is right.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
http://www.spmotorsports.com/contour_brake_combos.html

they sell kvr and i was thinking of getting a comboi from them so i would be in a gb

00 Black SVT: Removed res, kvr drilled silver cad rotors, c/f pads, 5% tint all around, kenwood cd player, 2 pyle 12" subs, 2 kenwood 6X9's behind seats 800w logic and 1000w pyle amps\ 95 GL MTX:needs tranny evo kit on the way (hopefully)
U
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
U
Sup Chris,
Interested pending price.

2k silver svt #1721 Ignorance breeds stupidity..
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
just an estimate but on the sight it would be about $500 for gas slotted cadium plated KVR with 4 rotors and pads all the way around

00 Black SVT: Removed res, kvr drilled silver cad rotors, c/f pads, 5% tint all around, kenwood cd player, 2 pyle 12" subs, 2 kenwood 6X9's behind seats 800w logic and 1000w pyle amps\ 95 GL MTX:needs tranny evo kit on the way (hopefully)
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Let me get some pricing worked out and I'll post them shortly.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Since I can't edit this thread any longer, please visit the following URL for KVR brake prices.

KVR Brakes Group Buy (CTA Motorsports)

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
i must say i bought my kvr x-drilled rotors and kvr pads from chris last yr about this time during a group buy....he was class all the way and exellent to deal with...the deal plus shipping was very similar to what he is offering to u now and actually slightly less this yr

i've had no trouble with them but the combo does need a bit of warmup time (a couple low speed stops, or so) and then they are pretty damn good...particularly on the freeway in stop and go traffic...im not a track guy so i cant speak on them from that standpoint, but for city driving i've had no issues...

even yesterday (weds) driving in the rain and thru many flooded areas the brakes worked like a charm and were confidence inspiring...and mind u i dont have brakes on the rear of my car...im going to install rear pads tonight

great setup imo and very low dusting...i didn't get any dusting from them until my rear brakes wore out and i had to depend moreso on the kvr's to haul me to a stop

there u go, unsolicited testimonial....psss, chris, where's my check???? j/k

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I bought the pad/rotor package in the group buy last year too. The buying experience was very good. The pads are very low dusting compared to stock.

I have been less than totally pleased with the package however. The pads are worse than SVT stock in the heavy rain. It takes at least a second for the pads to begin togrip in the heavy rain. This is scary when you are moving at a good clip. I didn't expect this with drilled rotors. Also, in less than 15,000 miles there are signs of warpage on the cross drilled rotors. If I had to choose again, I would have kept the stock rotors and gotten some mintex A/F pads. I'll be getting the mintex pads this spring since it rains too much up here in New England.

Doug 2006 Mercury Milan V6 Premier Dark Blue Pearl Former owner of a 2000 SVT Contour
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard