Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
yeah, I've had two T3's in my contour too . . . lol

actually, the funniest thing about the twin turbo contour idea, is it would be a nightmare to package (though it is possible, just very expensive and difficult) and would offer no benefit over a properly designed and set up single turbo.

So, virtually no gain (though, pimp factor is increased) and exponentially more effort for a twin over a single in the contour. I'll take the single anyday.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Ehhhh, what are you up to?

Putting twins on my friend's rustang. (T3's are so passe' )

We just built the engine and are ready to start fabbing the piping.

Large Procharger FMIC too.

Hey it's his money so it's even easier to spend...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Putting twins on my friend's rustang.

is it a 5.0? i want to build a factory five cobra when i get out of school with a 5.0 twin turbo.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by mikey boy:

is it a 5.0? i want to build a factory five cobra when i get out of school with a 5.0 twin turbo.

You my friend are a crazy man!! I like your thinking. There is a couple of companies that offer a TT kit for 5.0's.

In referrence to the earlier posts, I am still pursuing making a TT kit for the contour. And I am still a firm believer that I can get it to work. Wether or not its going to be worth the money in the end. That I can not answer as of yet.

www.NEED2SPEED.COM 98.5 Svt Contour 98 Svt Contour 00 Svt Lightning 05 500
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Smokeshow:

You my friend are a crazy man!! I like your thinking. There is a couple of companies that offer a TT kit for 5.0's.

Why pay 6-8 times the amount for something we can build ourselves?

Yes it's on a 5.0L with 8.8CR (Forged everything of course), track heat manifold, CNC ported Canfield heads (got them CHEAP - it's good to know people ), B303 cam (remember for a turbo this is pretty radical but also has 0 overlap and proper valve opening timing)

It should be a monster...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
sweeeeeeeeet man. get pics if you could. if you dont want to post them here send them to lugan73@aol.com. thanks.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I have read this post and see that everyone is saying that it is damn near impossible to do. If space is the issue, what parts of the engine could be "modified" or relocated to allocate for two turbos?

Let's think about this long and hard. Don't just jump and say "HELL NO IT WON"T WORK" because anything can be done with the right amount of money and the proper thinking. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be done to press them in?

I would want a sequential setup if I had two turbos. That is what I am going for if anything can be done.

-Bishop

*Invisible Hero* 1999 SVT Contour/Amazon Green Keep It Real. Beware the fury of the silent man.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I wish people would invest their ingenious talents on something more worthwhile, such as figuring out a way to convert our vehicles to RWD or AWD, as opposed to increasing our bling-bling per hp ratio's. I'd much rather tear up the drag strip than my tire strip.

Tim

'01 GTP: 3.3" pulley, Headers, 3" Exhaust, Straight Pipe, Intense Air to Water Intercooler.Pictures Old Ride: 95 Mystique LS V6 ATX: Pictures
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
What is so wrong with a sequential TT setup?

I think that would be a great advance for the Contour.

-Bishop

*Invisible Hero* 1999 SVT Contour/Amazon Green Keep It Real. Beware the fury of the silent man.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Peach:
What is so wrong with a sequential TT setup?

I think that would be a great advance for the Contour.

-Bishop

besides having a super-cramped engine bay, making it nearly impossible, and if its even possible, would cost alot of money. people with the streetflight kit, which spools up very fast, have lots of traction problems, imagine having the sequential TT setup. turbo 1 gives amd bottom end power, unable to gain traction, at higher RPMs the bigger turbo kicks in, once again, unable to gain traction.

bottom line: unless you got more money than brains your better off just buying the streetflight setup

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard