Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
OK HERE IS MY PROBLEM NOW.... (95 se mtx 77kmile)i am stuck and don't know what to do. I took my car to ford recently becuase i had a huge loss of pwer and a popping noise coming from intake. Ford says i need $3000 in parts becuase my cat, pre cat and etc.. were all clogged up. today i took it to the mechanic and was gonna have swap out my cat, exhaust, and manifolds for a high flow cat and y pipe,bosal exhasut and gutted pre cats. When he checked my pre cats he told me that they were fine and did not need to be changed.He said they my pre cats were clean inside and already look gutted so we left thsoe alone. The night before taking it to the mechanic i cleaned out myself THe UIM and LIM and tb. After he did that work the car runs a lil better but i still have that loss of power and the car hesitates to move. The cel light only comes on after drving like 15 mins or so. When i drove it home it came on i drove it back to him and the only codes that came up were 522 and 539 which are [censored] codes. I asked him why we can't read the codes withthe car off and he told me that it is because its not a hard code. The only way to see what the codes are is to have the scanner one while the CEL is on and that only happens after like 15mins of drivng or so.. Any comments or suggestions?

Now this is what the mechanic tells me....that he doesn't think it was the cat or the otehr stuff i changed. He thinks it has something to do with the timing belt tensinor and guides. He says that the timing might be off. He is almost sure that that is the cause. HE also mentioned the camshafts but he says that would be very hard to break so he doesn't think that it is the cause. He proved this to me by putting a gauge with a hose that tells how if the timing is off. He put the gauge on the top of the UIM by disconnecting the tube that goes to the egr valve i believe. When he started the car, the gauge showed that the timing was off. As i remenber checking on alldata that there was a service bulletin for A chattering noise at start up. Which i do have this noise. He tells me that also if i ran low on oil that could have caused a tensinor to go which i also do have an oil leak !!! So what thje heck now? I am pissed off that i took it to ford and they told me that my cats were plugged and needed to be changed and now that i have a free flowing exhasut and same [censored]! Any takes/comments/suggestions/anything? i'm stuck now and have no clue what to do next please help

HaHa You Watching me? Keep Watching
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
sounds like this:
Cat. Converter Recall - FAQ's

i don't think this is it...but just in case you're not aware.

Moose Problem (for the sound you're hearing from the intake)

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought all SE's came with a V6, and if you do indeed have a V6, then you don't have a timing belt. The V6 has a timing chain.

Also, as for that service bulletin regarding chattering on startup and oil on the tensioner, click here (FAQ's)

Good Luck!

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
sounds like this:
Cat. Converter Recall - FAQ's

i don't think this is it...but just in case you're not aware.

Moose Problem (for the sound you're hearing from the intake)

thanks but its neitehr read back in my post... I know how the moosing sounds and its not it....and i also swaped out the cat with a high flow cat and my pre cats are already gutted so ? where do we go now?

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
well, how did you gut your pre-cats?

if you gutted them while still in the car, perhaps there was still some ceramic in there that finally broke off and is now sucked into the engine as explained in the FAQ.

if not, then maybe some sh*t was let into the engine compartment when cleaning your Upper and Lower's.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Also, I am almost positive that the CEL codes will stay in the memory until the memory is cleared.

However, if the battery was disconnected while FORD was looking at the car, and you have not had a CEL since, then the code will be cleared.

The 5-2-2 code is normal for people with MTX. That is a "Vehicle Not In Park" code.

The 5-3-9 just shows you the the AC or defrost was on during the test.

After you get another CEL, you can do the Jumper Trick on a 95 to get the codes yourself. No need for a scanner.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
well, how did you gut your pre-cats?

if you gutted them while still in the car, perhaps there was still some ceramic in there that finally broke off and is now sucked into the engine as explained in the FAQ.

if not, then maybe some sh*t was let into the engine compartment when cleaning your Upper and Lower's.

The mechainc told me that they were cleaned when he looked into them and that you could stick a broom into them and it was would go through. He called me up while removing them and even told me to come by and take a look. It seems like the were already pre gutted before i got the car. Cleaning the uim and LIM has nothing to do with it because i cleaned it out and this happened like 2 months ago about the car getting cogged and not running right.. I cleaned out the UIM and LIM beofre taking it to the mechainc. Also he did check for vaccum leaks and there were none.

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
What is the Jumper Trick??

N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
yea what is the jumper trick>? ohh and i did mean chain not timing belt