Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#543976 02/10/03 07:47 PM
D
OP Offline
D
I am not a engineer so please bear with me.

I have a "T" reg Zetec 1.25 engine, and recently had a new gearbox and clutch plate replaced. Drove the car home from the garage no problem, went out later that night car started up no problem, did no more than 600 meters, turned off engine, came back and switch on, in 2nd position, the display i.e. rev counter, speedo, fuel, water, went hay wire and the trip counter went to zero, then settled down turned key to 3rd position and could not start engine, (it was like there was no power) the same thing happened again after 10 mins. Pushed car home, jumped started battery with a battery power pack, display went haywire and started.

Any ideas on this PLEASE as to why this is happening

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Starter could be wired back up wrong or missing a wire. Or blew a fuse is a possibilty. Take it back to where you got it repaired.

1998 Contour V6 se ATX Black Bassanni w/o resinators, modified intake box, DMD New headlights w/ silverstar 9005's, blue neons inside, metal waterpump, pioneer head, pioneer 5x7 3 ways,2 10" subs, 800w amp, 17x7.5 motegi mr12 p215/45/17

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard