Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
If it would help I could try to take a picture of the IMRC on my car. It consists of a vacuum actuator and two linkage rods on our cars. When I bought mine one of the bushings that holds the linkage rod was missing and the engine had no top end.

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
that would help me in a major way .

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
photo coming

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
I have a picture but could not figure out how to insert it in a post. If you post your email, I'll send it to you. I do know how to do that.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I am having the same dang problem... My tour has 152,000 miles on it and has been running like crap for about 3 weeks too.

It starting acting up 4 days before I was going to drive from Wisconsin to Florida! 2 days before I went to Florida, I drove from WI to the middle of Indiana to pick up my dual exhaust from Mark Knox's svt and had troubles all the way there and back (about 650 miles).

I went to Florida with it anyway (1300+ miles)... While we were there I changed the fuel filter, air filter, plugs, and was still unsucessful. I then took it to a dealer and they ran *2* Diagnostics and all they told me is that cylinder #4 was dead... SO TELL ME WHAT THE HELL THAT MEANS!!

They said change the spark plugs - they would do it for $120 added to the $140 for the diagnostics!! I only had $220 in the bank and in my pocket combined!!

We went to autozone and got some wires and changed them in the parking lot... RAN WORSE!!

I said F**k It, and we drove back to Wisconsin (another 1300+ miles) just to have to deal with the problem all the way there.

My friend was with me and he has a honda civic... The whole time he was saying, "I told ya to buy a HONDA!" All that was doing was pissing me off...

ANYWHO... Just this past weekend some valve blew off the back of the engine because something got plugged and I lost all acceleration just about. It was like driving in 5th gear all the time!

I put a new ignition coil in, put the duals on, put my svt trunk lid on in place of my 95 lid, gutted my plugged up cat (now a straight pipe), and got that hose reattached. The car ran really great until I decided to go home with it. About half way there the dang thing started acting up again - NOW I FOUND THIS ON THE CEG SITE AND I AM GOING TO REPLACE MY PLUG WIRES WITH GOOD ONES!!

Thanks guys/girls on the info and I will post an update!
blu_fuz
Joe Barnes
EGPLNT

EGPLNT:MY 95' SE MTX SVT *200,000 MILE CLUB* 6/06/06 - 201,000 MILES
L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L

The vacuum actuator and the secondary linkage are circled. This is under the throttle body. The water pump pulley is the blurred arc on the left. The fuel line and (gunky) PCV is under the red circle.

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Thanks for the pic, but I don't know what your trying to show me with it.... R U trying to show the secondary linkage? OR the area where my hose was blown off?? JOE

L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
Secondary linkage.

The other side of the actuator shown, there is a vaccum line which supplies the necessary vacuum to pulled the secondaries shut. They are open by default when the engine is off. You should see this acutator, with a hose attaching to it from the firewall side, and the linkage coming out towards the front of the car to the LIM.

-Lance

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
So would you suggest changing the secondary linkage or go with the new plug wires? I have wires in the mail and should be here in a day or 2... I will let you know what happens with the new wires. Thanks, JOE

L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
The secondary linkage is not a maintenance item. Nothing should happen to it over time.

I posted the pic for lowhungSE so he could know what the parts looked like.

-Lance

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard