Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
I got a 95 model SE 24valve v6,with a 5 speed the car idles smooth, but when accelerating it stutters till you hit about 3000 r.p.m. then it smooths out, it only does this once you get it past about quarter throttle( does fine puttin around in traffic) .also it quits makin all that monsterous power at about 4700 rpm , is that normal? i thought that these motors pulled harder the farther they wound up .

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
sorry to here about your problem. Mine was doing the same for 3 weeks. my #3 and #6 plug wires were shot. Changed the wires, feul filter and checked the plugs - plugs needed replacing as well. Everything works great now. Hopefully you'll find the problem soon.

L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
hopefully that will do it by the way the CEL is not on ,but this car does have 147,000 miles and i don,t know when the last time plugs or wires were changed, by the way sorry for the post this question has been answered about 1000 times in the archives . I just figured out there was a archive though !!newbie goof !! Thanks for the help

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
welcome to ceg!!! i have a 95 se but im stuck with the atx ...as was said try the plugs and wires..if that doesn't work try to have your catalytic conv checked it could be dying now and plugging up your exhaust

with that mileage u have im also betting that your car could use a throttle body cleaning and if u're mechanically inclined it would be a good idea to remove and clean the upper and lower intake manifolds...check the how-to section

glad to have u aboard

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I also advise you to check the IMRC system. If the linkage from the dashpot is extended when at idle, the engine will run considerably worse below 3000-3500 RPM. This could cause the stutter or make an existing problem worse.
The vacuum solenoid which controls the dashpot is prone to dying although sometimes the linkages just fall off.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
i put my snapon computer up to it yesterday an the only code i got was for an out of range ect or eot ,do ya,ll think that would cause the problem . I know on early 90's 3.0 an 3.8 motors it will ,But i don,t know about these motors

N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Lowhung, did you get the PM I sent you?
It's about the secondary linkage...

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
the durn linkage was broke!!! junky plastic @!#$ . Thanks for the help everyone

L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
Check the wires and plugs, too. I had a stutter/hesitation a while back that cleared up at 3K rpm. Verdict: Plug wire #1 had popped off slightly after I had changed the plugs a couple of weeks before.

Check them!

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
uh ooh!!!!!!!! more problems then the linkage being off . I think i,m missing some parts here !?!? is there some sort of elctronic peice or vacuum peice with a cable that pulls this imrc open ? Is there any schematics out there so i can get a real good look at what i,m supposed to have ( i work at a car lot and we got this car in a 6 car package for 3,000 bucks for whole the package, so my boss sold me it for his price AS_IS ). I figurerd for the price i could fix a few problems an have me a nice lil tour!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard