Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 55 of 56 1 2 53 54 55 56
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
Well Brullen Exhaust is located in Canada, and all Canadian SVT's got the same gas tank(We had an insider at Ford conferm this). But the US didn't recieve the same gas tank and actually US SVT will have one of the Three different ones.

I have a Canadian SVT and my kit didn't go around the gas tank properly!

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Bridge:
Well Brullen Exhaust is located in Canada, and all Canadian SVT's got the same gas tank(We had an insider at Ford conferm this). But the US didn't recieve the same gas tank and actually US SVT will have one of the Three different ones.

I have a Canadian SVT and my kit didn't go around the gas tank properly!

and i have a early 98. and my left tip sticks out over an inch farther than the right, and both tips rub very heavely on the inside of the bumper. And i order a quite system and can gaurantee i got a loud. Other than that the kit kicks azz

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Did you have an exhaust shop look at it yet? I would think the fitment issue is fixable.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J

so they just had an exhaust shop do a $20 fit for them. As for the flanges, Brullen will be offereing SS ones later this year. Any more question?/quote]

Unless of course the shop has to make one system fit out of two that did not. Then the price goes on up. The guy spent four hours with mine and it cost me $150.00 dollars. Between taking my original system on and off three times, to $90.00 in phone calls to Canada, I figure I have an extra three bills invested in it now. Yes, my time is worth $60.00 to take that damn thing off and on three times! For all that Brullen offered me about a $125.00 discount on the Y-pipe. At first I thought it was okay but I believe they should GIVE me the pipe for my time and trouble and the fact that yes, someday in the future I will have rotting exhaust flanges due to them being carbon steel and not stainless. "All stainless system"? I think not. While the system sounds great and the car is making good power, the hassles to get it on the car were not worth the trouble. For every one person who "bolted it on, no trouble" there is another who had major fitment issues. and bite your tongue Cuervo about "jthursby's custom system," as it has already been verified that my system was stock SVT with the exception of the outlets on the mufflers only. I could show some pictures that would make you cringe if I had a place to put them. Okay, I've said my piece.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Hey man I bite the tougue for no one

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
EDIT: And also, I have yet to hear any regrets about purchasing this system from anyone who has bought it, and its still #1 on the market. Thanks

Well, Cuervo I'm not sure how you learned to put such a rosy tint on everything. I mean I read a lot of regret in this thread. so I guess I'll be the first to say I regret purchasing my Brullen system. Afterall, I ordered a quiet system and Got a loud system whose tips weren't centered in my valence and the right tip stuck out an inch more than the left when installed. But heck I'm being way too critical. It only took one trip to the muffler shop and a measly $90 of my hard earned cash (but heck with that money i had them cut off my mild steel flanges, the silly slip fit joint, er, i mean customizing system length compensator and weld the system together). But hey, I have no regrets...............well, maybe one: I regret that I'm not stupid enough to buy something from PF or another Brullen product - I'll miss the weight reducing stress it gave me.

'00 Black&Tan SVT #616 of 2150: ST200s/custom exhaust/lots o'audio... Mi Gatica-FOR SALE '04 Focus SVT Sonic Blue with Euro pkg '05 S60 R : 300 HP of Magic Blue/Nordkap/Graphite 18s/6 spd
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ToltecSVT:
EDIT: And also, I have yet to hear any regrets about purchasing this system from anyone who has bought it, and its still #1 on the market. Thanks

Well, Cuervo I'm not sure how you learned to put such a rosy tint on everything. I mean I read a lot of regret in this thread. so I guess I'll be the first to say I regret purchasing my Brullen system. Afterall, I ordered a quiet system and Got a loud system whose tips weren't centered in my valence and the right tip stuck out an inch more than the left when installed. But heck I'm being way too critical. It only took one trip to the muffler shop and a measly $90 of my hard earned cash (but heck with that money i had them cut off my mild steel flanges, the silly slip fit joint, er, i mean customizing system length compensator and weld the system together). But hey, I have no regrets...............well, maybe one: I regret that I'm not stupid enough to buy something from PF or another Brullen product - I'll miss the weight reducing stress it gave me.

Well guy I can see how you feel and I know why you feel this way. I would have been royally pissed too. Lets let the thread die since Brullen has indeed fixed the problem. Thanks

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
To answer some of the questions regarding how the problems were fixed by Brullen - THEY WEREN'T. I took my system to an exhaust shop. The flanges were replaced with stainless pipe and the whole system welded and adjusted at a cost of $50. Per Alessondro's instructions, I faxed a copy of my exhaust shop receipt to him to forward to Brullen for reimbursement. To make a long story short (and compress the weeks I waited) Performance Fords sent a $50 check to me.

BRULLEN WOULD NOT REPLACE MY DEFECTIVE SYSTEM, WOULD NOT REWORK MY DEFECTIVE SYSTEM OR REIMBURSE MY OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSE TO CORRECT THEIR DEFECTIVE SYSTEM. SO MUCH FOR THEIR WARRENTY! Performance Fords had to step up to the plate and cover the expense that should have been covered by Brullen. I think that says all you need to know about Brullen and their business ethics.

I will admit, my system sounds nice, but looks like crap due to the skuff marks on the chrome tips caused by the rubbing on the valence cutouts.

Thanks goes to Alessandro and Performance Fords for making things right when Brullen would not. Bottom line? Deal with Brullen at your own risk and add $50 - $100 to the price to determine your real world cost for one of their systems.

2000 T-Red SVT, #562/2150
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
i listened to the sound clips....it sounds great....im seriously thinking about it...let me know how much when you find out

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
i'm not sure who you are talking to, but this group buy was over long ago. check the dates on the posts as a helper before you post.....

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
Page 55 of 56 1 2 53 54 55 56

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard