Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 54 of 56 1 2 52 53 54 55 56
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Ok well I see ya'll are starting the bashing again and didn't read the whole million pages before hand so here is goes. Throughout the production run of the SVT Ford used Three different Gas tanks that had varrying deminsions. Well Brullen Exhaust is located in Canada, and all Canadian SVT's got the same gas tank(We had an insider at Ford conferm this). But the US didn't recieve the same gas tank and actually US SVT will have one of the Three different ones. But no one knew this. So you have a Canadian built system that will fit only 1/3 of the US SVT's(they tend to be early 98's). And we figured this out when the first several orders shipped out. But Brullen has fixed the problem and the system still sounds better, produces more HP, produces more TQ, and looks better then any other Cat Back on the market. Now Since the GB has been over for months now, lets let this thread die. Thanks

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Nope, sorry, the thread ain't going to die yet because my other question still hasn't been answered:

"How was the issue resolved concerning the exhaust being advertised as a stainless steel system when the flanges were clearly mild steel?"

I have no desire to purchase an expensive exhaust system that is going to fall off a few years later due to rust.

As for the gas tank variation, I didn't see anybody mention that until now in this thread. All I saw was the initial string of people saying whether they would commit to the group buy and then all hell broke loose once the product was delivered. The thread stopped in June with people wondering how they were going to be compensated for mild steel flanges and the outside labor they had to pay for to get the system to fit.

Thanks for letting me know about the gas tank variability issue. That does resolve one of my questions.

Dave Keller
1995 Contour SE
1999 Contour SVT

S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by mrspindlelegs:
Nope, sorry, the thread ain't going to die yet because my other question still hasn't been answered:

"How was the issue resolved concerning the exhaust being advertised as a stainless steel system when the flanges were clearly mild steel?"

I have no desire to purchase an expensive exhaust system that is going to fall off a few years later due to rust.

As for the gas tank variation, I didn't see anybody mention that until now in this thread. All I saw was the initial string of people saying whether they would commit to the group buy and then all hell broke loose once the product was delivered. The thread stopped in June with people wondering how they were going to be compensated for mild steel flanges and the outside labor they had to pay for to get the system to fit.

Well you obviously didn't read the whole thing and if you would have you would have seen the gas tank part and you would have read that the Brullen comes with a Lifetime Warranty which meens that if your system does not fit correctly, they they will fix it. Many of the people in the Group Buy were very eager to put on their system, and didn't want to wait to have a new one sent, so they just had an exhaust shop do a $20 fit for them. As for the flanges, Brullen will be offereing SS ones later this year. Any more question?

EDIT: And also, I have yet to hear any regrets about purchasing this system from anyone who has bought it, and its still #1 on the market. Thanks

H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Actually, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm interested in the Brullen, and I already knew about the fitment issues, so I think its good that these questions are being raised (and answered).

Cuervo, please don't view this as bashing, but I think its absolutely fair for someone willing to pay over half a grand for an exhaust system to make sure everything about their purchase works properly. I would also have been quite frustrated and angry if I had encountered the problems that a few people did. Having said that, I think you did the absolute best you could despite the problems, and the whole GB could have gone so much worse than it did. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but I read through the entire thread today, and I'm still willing to purchase. As you said, few problems were not able to be resolved by a trip to the exhaust shop for a small adjustment. If anyone wants to dispute that, please speak up.

I hope that PF and Brullen learned from the experience and that they updated everything to run smoother. If there's enough interest in the future for another GB, count me in.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by hetfield:
Actually, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm interested in the Brullen, and I already knew about the fitment issues, so I think its good that these questions are being raised (and answered).

Cuervo, please don't view this as bashing, but I think its absolutely fair for someone willing to pay over half a grand for an exhaust system to make sure everything about their purchase works properly. I would also have been quite frustrated and angry if I had encountered the problems that a few people did. Having said that, I think you did the absolute best you could despite the problems, and the whole GB could have gone so much worse than it did. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but I read through the entire thread today, and I'm still willing to purchase. As you said, few problems were not able to be resolved by a trip to the exhaust shop for a small adjustment. If anyone wants to dispute that, please speak up.

I hope that PF and Brullen learned from the experience and that they updated everything to run smoother. If there's enough interest in the future for another GB, count me in.

Well even with the trouble we had, I would still buy the Brullen today, because the system is just that danm awesome. But Me, PF, and Brullen are positive that the fitment issue has been fixed and If there is interst in the future, I'll be more than happy to host another Group buy for you guys. Thanks

H
H
Cuervo, you got PM

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Damn you guys are fast lol

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
SVTCuervo,

Thanks for the rest of the information. I read the whole thread but for some reason, didn't retain the information on the gas tank issue. Could be all that "hard living" in the 80's that's coming back to haunt me.

I'll just have to make sure I provide all the correct data to get the correct exhaust when I'm ready to purchase (group buy or no group buy).

Dave Keller
1995 Contour SE
1999 Contour SVT

S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Thats cool guys. If ya'll have any more questions, then I'll be happy to answer them. I've come to know this particular system a little too much now lol. Thanks

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Yeah can you possibly get ahold of Alessandro for me. I have emailed several times with no return. I never have time to call during hours. But my system was the one with 2 different tips, plus I received my reciept last week to find that my LOUD system is actually a QUIET system. If possible I would like to exchange my mufflers for the slash cut and LOUD that I ordered in the first place.
-Matt

98 Silver Frost SVT Frostie
Page 54 of 56 1 2 52 53 54 55 56

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard