Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 56 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 56
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
With the help of Elky, we manged to bolt on the Brullen yesterday and the tips don't line up. We fooled around with the rear flange bolts, but it is just too far off for that to solve the problem. I am taking it in on Wednesday to hopefully get the tips lined up.

The sound is awesome!!!! It makes the car sound so much different. I love how it sounds from a stop in 1st gear....

1998.5 E1 SVT Contour #5482/6535
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
It does sound nice, doesn't it Ed?? I also had pneumatic tools at my disposal, so lining up the tips wasn't that hard, just time consuming.

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)
#539348 06/08/03 07:47 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I have to admit I stopped watching this thread after I received my exhaust. However my car has been off the raod since october I today I finally got to the point where I could put my exhuast on. Well I opened all the packages when I first got my exhaust just to see if everything was there. Well I get mine bolted on today, not only to the tips squeeze the inside of the bumber, but to my huge embarassment, I now have one 9 degree slash cut, and one straight cut one. Now whats up with this. I have emailed Alessandro to see if we can swap them out because that just sucks. It wasnt enough of a difference when I did a quick glance at them when I got them. So im really upset about the screw-up, but even more at myself because I didnt check everything carefully.
Thanks for listening
-Matt

98 Silver Frost SVT Frostie
#539349 06/09/03 02:00 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
how could they have over looked two diff. tips when they wraped it up to be shipped Does a blind guy do the shipping? And you have a 98 with fitment issues. So its not just 99 and up that dont fit. WOW!!! Brullen def. screwed up on this one. Im realy looking foreward to getting mine

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Tips are all lined up after my appointment today. They pried apart the rear section so the tips would line up horizontally and then they "adjusted" the hangers so they would line up vertically. The left tip sticks out just a tad bit more than the right, but is barely noticeable if you inspect it like you know what you are looking for.

So, $25.00 later, the exhaust fits almost perfect.

1998.5 E1 SVT Contour #5482/6535
#539351 06/12/03 01:37 AM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Installed mine tonight and I think I might have gotten the loud system, although I ordered the quiet. Oh well sounds great anyways!! Although I too am having the same fit issues with the tips and the pipe that goes around the fuel cell dosen't fit quite properly. I also couldn't get that hanger on because of it not going around the cell properly.

Overall I love the sound and look of the system . If it didn't have the fit issues I'd give it a 10/10...

Any word on what will be done since it dosen't fit properly? (ie Do I have to take the fall on the bill I will get from the exhaust shop to fix the tips?)

Bridge

P.S 1998.5 SVT

EDIT: There is also a small leak in one of my mufflers on the weld .... Looks like Brullen didn't take their time on this one!

Last edited by Bridge; 06/12/03 01:55 AM.

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
#539352 06/14/03 08:34 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
So i got my Quit system on yes i ordered the quiet too, but it is pertty loud and i dont have a res. But i like it cause, there is NO drone. Only problem is the tips rub the inside pretty bad, and the left tip sticks out an inch farther then the right. And the little slip joint leaks a little(but im gonna have that welded together)
Does anyone have any recomendations to fix the rubing and tip sticking out to far.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
#539353 06/17/03 05:30 PM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Take it to a muffler shop.

2000 T-Red SVT, #562/2150
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Hey Gang,

The "sound" quality of the Quiet Brullen Catback Exhaust has me interested but after reading this thread, I can't help but wonder "Why bother if the workmanship is this shoddy and it sounds like there was false advertising concerning the materials of construction?"

The thread indicates that there were several systems that didn't come close to fitting and required cutting and rewelding at independent muffler shops to fix.

The exhaust system was apparently advertised as being a "stainless steel" system yet the flanges were mild steel which will rust out.

I don't know if there are any other deficiencies but what I want to know is "How were all these deficiencies resolved?"

"Did you guys get fully, partially, or not compensated at all for the additional labor charges from independent muffler shops?"

"Did Brullen offer to pay for ceramic coatings to help protect the mild steel flanges from rust?"

OR

"Did Brullen send stainless steel flanges for free, you went to an independent shop to get them welded on, and Brullen compensated for this additional welding?"

Just doing research here to see if I want to risk the money on this exhaust system.

Dave Keller
1995 Contour SE
1999 Contour SVT

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
if they don't test fit these things before selling them why bother...

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
Page 53 of 56 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 56

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard