Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 56 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 55 56
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by xdouble:
I am one of the 2000 guys. I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm not in a big hurry though; I'd rather have them take the time and make sure it fits the first time. It does make me a little envious to see the pictures of everyone else's, but I am patient. All these years of fishing must have taught me something.

The problem is that the 2000 Contour was not brought into Canada. Brullen has never had and most likely never will have a 2000 to do a test fit on. They are relying on measurements and photos sent to them by fellow CEGers. I was told two weeks ago that the design info had been sent to Brullen and the pipes had been bent. All I had to wait on was the shipping. I was told this two weeks ago and again last week. I don't know about you but I get VERY nervous when I have sent money to someone and am told more than once the product will be delivered and it isn't. Don't tell me something and then do not deliver on your word. I'm not trying to be a hardass about this, I'm just wondering what the holdup is all about.

2000 T-Red SVT, #562/2150
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I can see where your comming from, but you have nothing to worry about. Brullen is a top rate business just like Performance Fords. I admit, that this particular product needs some tunning and research, but don't ever think they will rip you off. I'm not taking anyones side, but you have nothing to worry about. Business sometimes doesn't go the exact way we plan. But I agree I'd be a little nervous as well. But in this case I know the people and they do the right things. Thanks

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I am also "slighty" upset by all this. I called the usually helpfull Alessandro this morning for an update and he said he would get back to me this afternoon. (Jim looks at his watch still waiting?) I'm concerned. Maybe they are tired of my calling every week but, tuff shizit, I'm not butchering a $580.00 stainless steel exhaust system to make it fit my car. I'm not trying to be a hardass but make it fit or make restitution.

Jim

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Thank you for the response, SVTCuervo. By the way, the tips on your system look very good, or as Billy Crystal would say, "mauvvvvolus".

S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by musicnut:
Thank you for the response, SVTCuervo. By the way, the tips on your system look very good, or as Billy Crystal would say, "mauvvvvolus".

Thanks for understanding.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by musicnut:

Yes they do you %$#tard! Mine look nice polished up on my workbench! I'd post a pic if I knew how.
BTW I'm Kidding SVTCuervo

Jim

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I'm "one of those 2000 guys" also. I'm a little upset with the delays and the fit issues too, but in talking with Alessandro and the way SVTCuervo responds to this thread and I feel reassured and am willing to see if they "do us right". The fitment issue is a tough thing and after some research, I find it hard to cast blame. Afterall, they seem to be working in good faith to fix things.

Anyway, like i said I did some research: I called my brother (the little &@#$@# works in engine development at Aston Martin -what a beyond cool job- but used to build cars from crates for Export Inventory Control at Ford) and he made some calls. The thing is, not a single Contour in Canada received the "third supplier" gas tank. We aren't talking about a year to year change or anything. There were actually three suppliers of gas tanks for the Contour program. One was added in midrun of '98 model year and because of import/export logistics and blah, blah, blah (i don't always listen to everything my bro says)...that specific supplier's gas tank never went on a Canadian export. that same supplier became the sole supplier in 2000 and that among many other reasons added to Canada not getting any Contours in 2000. I will place the following disclaimer: "At least, that what my brother said."

'00 Black&Tan SVT #616 of 2150: ST200s/custom exhaust/lots o'audio... Mi Gatica-FOR SALE '04 Focus SVT Sonic Blue with Euro pkg '05 S60 R : 300 HP of Magic Blue/Nordkap/Graphite 18s/6 spd
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
im sure alex has a lot on his plate right now cause to add to the fitments problems now he had to file a claim at fed ex cause they delivered my exaust 4 days earler than scedualed and no one was her to get it so they just left it on my front door step and now its not her,( i live in the ghetto) So know i have to wait until fed ex processes the claim, So needless to say ill probably be the last person to get his exaust, And i payed for it at the very begining.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by dubkatz:
im sure alex has a lot on his plate right now cause to add to the fitments problems now he had to file a claim at fed ex cause they delivered my exaust 4 days earler than scedualed and no one was her to get it so they just left it on my front door step and now its not her,( i live in the ghetto) So know i have to wait until fed ex processes the claim, So needless to say ill probably be the last person to get his exaust, And i payed for it at the very begining.

OMG!! That sucks! I'm sorry to hear that! Well they did the same at my house, but luckily it was still there when I got home from work!

-Amanda- * 1998.5 CSVT Black/blue * Born on 6/11/98 * #6388 of 6535 * Aussie Mesh *Carbon Fiber Dash kit * 17in Velox VX-8's/Hankook Ventus * Brullen Baby!!!! * RVM Intake
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by ToltecSVT:
Anyway, like i said I did some research: I called my brother (the little &@#$@# works in engine development at Aston Martin -what a beyond cool job- but used to build cars from crates for Export Inventory Control at Ford) and he made some calls. The thing is, not a single Contour in Canada received the "third supplier" gas tank. We aren't talking about a year to year change or anything. There were actually three suppliers of gas tanks for the Contour program. One was added in midrun of '98 model year and because of import/export logistics and blah, blah, blah (i don't always listen to everything my bro says)...that specific supplier's gas tank never went on a Canadian export. that same supplier became the sole supplier in 2000 and that among many other reasons added to Canada not getting any Contours in 2000. I will place the following disclaimer: "At least, that what my brother said."

That makes sense and would explain the situation, however it makes you wonder, would Ford use a supplier that made parts outside of their specs? It wouldn't make sense for Ford to use parts of one design from two vendors and entirely differently designed parts from a third vendor and then mix the parts up within the same year model runs.

Brullen and Performance Fords are trying to get their arms around this situation and in the future will probably list multiple sku numbers for their systems based on model year and country of origin but I haven't heard of similiar fitment problems with Bassani, Bosal or Borla. Just food for thought.

Page 46 of 56 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 55 56

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard