Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
YEAH!!!

You'll received my consultant fee in the mail.

Man I wish I could be there to see it run. I'm envious just hearing about it.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
It lives. So now I'm wondering about tuning that beast. When is your dyno appointment? Do you think the emanage will suffice for tuning?

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L

Quote:

AFter 10 minutes I coated the fitting on the inside of the oil pan with black RTV to insure a positive seal.

RTV on the inside of the oil pan. I would be a little leary bout that. Look out oil pickup . Anyways congarts on the install looks great. Can't wait to see #'s

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Congrats!
I see from you side on pic, that you are also rinning the GT TB. Do you have a separate plate behind it to hold the gasket tight to the UIM? as you probably realise that the GT TB doesn't have the hump on the top of the flange like the SVT TB does, and so, if it doesn't press against the gasket to seal it to th UIM, you may get boost leaks from there. I myself had a friend TIg an extra piece of Aluminum to the top of my GT TB to create the "hump" and thus seal the TB to the UIM.

I have to post pics again of my set. My discharge pipe look 200% better than the last one!

PS that BOV is the RFL, correct? So is it ReallyFugginLoud?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Congrats!
I see from you side on pic, that you are also rinning the GT TB. Do you have a separate plate behind it to hold the gasket tight to the UIM? as you probably realise that the GT TB doesn't have the hump on the top of the flange like the SVT TB does, and so, if it doesn't press against the gasket to seal it to th UIM, you may get boost leaks from there. I myself had a friend TIg an extra piece of Aluminum to the top of my GT TB to create the "hump" and thus seal the TB to the UIM.

I have to post pics again of my set. My discharge pipe look 200% better than the last one!

It looks as if he's made a flat steel adapter plate of some kind behind the TB judging by the first pic. I'd still be worried about the gasket flapping in the breeze though until it was welded to the TB like yours Stazzi, or at least a thicker adapter plate.

Very nice work Tom! I need a ride. Let's see... how many hours drive is it to Texas...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Keyser:
It lives. So now I'm wondering about tuning that beast. When is your dyno appointment? Do you think the emanage will suffice for tuning?

The emanage is the [censored]! I pulled 20 degrees of timing across the top with it and then I verified it with my laptop OBD scan software. Under full throttle the timing hit 19 and 20 degrees from 5-7K rpm but no higher than that. I am running it extremely rich right now and today I am going to lean it out a bit.
It does everything I could need it to do and so far it is doing it well. Of course my timing control device and the low price of the emanage make it more usefull than any other aftermarket fuel tuning device right now; excluding the twEECer.
My dyno appointment wont be happening for a few weeks and it probably wont be in Chandler AZ unfortunately. I really want to complete the intercooler before I go so I don't have to keep on going back.

By the way, where is that timing curve? I would like to model my timing curve after some of the data you have.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I didn't put anything behind my 70mm, and I dont think it leaks. Still get 9-10# of boost. I just cut the top part of the stock gasket and used that, along with a bunch of RTV

It might be leaking and I dont know it, but I think it is holding up fine. If it ever does leak, I will have to make a sheetmetal plate of somesort.

BTW, great job on the Turbo, hope to see some numers soon. With all these turbo's appearing, I think the days of us Vortech owners are numbered. Just hope Kinger and Buckshot can do us proud in the S/C vs. T/C HP war

Simon new- '04 Dodge Dakota 4x4. V8, 5spd FOR SALE Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)- SOLD! New project-'88 Ranger 302 swap.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by livinsvt:

Quote:

AFter 10 minutes I coated the fitting on the inside of the oil pan with black RTV to insure a positive seal.

RTV on the inside of the oil pan. I would be a little leary bout that. Look out oil pickup . Anyways congarts on the install looks great. Can't wait to see #'s

Leary? Don't be. Its not some huge glob of crap in the oil pan waiting to get sucked in and cause catastrophic failure. It is thin layer surrounding the fitting on the inside of the pan. To put it in perspective I had a crack in my bmw oil pan that split 3 ways from a central point. I drilled a small hole where the 3 cracks met, inserted a screw to create tension and strengthen it, I put super glue on the threads first and also along the hole crack to seal and make it rigid. Then I coated the inside of the pan along the crack and repair with black rtv. That was in 1997 and I just sold the car 5 months ago. Still working perfectly. I inspected the pan when I had to pull it a few years ago for another reason and it was doing just fine.
If you take precautions about cleaning the metal then it will stick very well.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Wow! That looks nice! Are you getting any studdering when the BOV vents all that metered air? I had to switch to a BPV on my tbird because it would studder like hell whenever the valve would pop.

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by bnoon:
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Congrats!

It looks as if he's made a flat steel adapter plate of some kind behind the TB judging by the first pic. I'd still be worried about the gasket flapping in the breeze though until it was welded to the TB like yours Stazzi, or at least a thicker adapter plate.

Very nice work Tom! I need a ride. Let's see... how many hours drive is it to Texas...

Stazi and Brad:
Yes it is a GT high perf. TB from MAC, a 70mm. I used a fairly thick, rigid piece of aluminum sheet to cut an adapter plate. It would take more than 10-12 psi I intend to run to separate that. Just trust me on that one. There are no extra fittings on the MAC like there are on the stock 65mm TB's.

You like my "home-boy" intake pipe? I even painted it to forestall the comments that your pipe brought!

Brad, if you can get here then you can ride in it.

warmonger

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard