Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
wow that is awesome...great job man! If at anytime afterwards you feel as though you would like a mystique with ATX instead of that SVT I would be more than happy to trade ya

Also not to sound totally stupid, but what is that box infront of the UIM? I would assume it probably has something to do with the turbo correct?

99 Mystique LS T-Red ATX Duratec Mods: Hella stereo Mods K & N air filter w/intake pipe www.sounddomain.com/id/jongordo8
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by JonGordo8:
wow that is awesome...great job man! If at anytime afterwards you feel as though you would like a mystique with ATX instead of that SVT I would be more than happy to trade ya

Also not to sound totally stupid, but what is that box infront of the UIM? I would assume it probably has something to do with the turbo correct?

Its an IMRC it controls opening to the secondary butterflies in the LIM. Nothing to do with the turbo

99 T-RED 3L SVT Apillar Guages How-To 3L 98 CSVT SF/MB 4 SALE 7500 obo pm me
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by AirKnight:
So you're not using the Street Flight kit? Any reason to that?

Well that's not completely correct...

Care to comment any Tom.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Is that the T-28 from the street flight kit?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by JonGordo8:

Also not to sound totally stupid, but what is that box infront of the UIM?

its the IMRC, it's what controls the secondaries. i know all 96-00 contiques had them, and iirc the 95s didnt because they were vacuum operated.

Originally posted by nick10:
Is that the T-28 from the street flight kit?

Hes using a T3/T4 turbo. I know the exhaust trim is .82, not sure about the intake.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Dirty eh? Then just think how fast just the dirt in my car is gonna travel.

Tom

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
The throttle body is a MAC 70mm high perf. mustang throttle body. As long as you are retaining the secondaries in your engine, it doesn' kill you low-end performance but it sure helps on the top-end. It will now be a big benefit with the turbo.

*Edit*
The turbo kit was put together by Streetflight for me. Since the engine was larger, the T28 just wouldn't cut it...not even close for the airflow requirements of a highly ported 3L motor. The turbo you see is a T3/T4 with .82 exhuast housing. It is a lot bigger than the T28 so none of the piping after the headers would work since the turbo has to sit higher. I purchased the first set of headers that streetflight made when they were first getting the kit together. They are not all stainless steel, only the header primaries are stainless. Anyway, they were the 1st prototype set and were good enough for that 290HP dyno. I felt they would be better for my engine since it was a 3L rather than the smaller tube headers that they are using now. So in effect, it is a bastardized streetflight partial kit that I am working with.
I am fabricating all the piping from the headers up to the turbo, and from the turbo to the exhaust right now. In the one picture of the up-pipe, it is just tack-welded together to get the turbo into the correct position. The down pipe is also built now and fully welded together but I forgot to take my camera and snap pictures of it.
Next I am hooking up the oil pressure and return lines as well as the water cooling for the bearings. When that is done, then I will fully bolt up the headers and all the piping on the exhuast side.
Intake: I have an intercooler core and I am going to construct my own water to air intercooler. The turbo sits in a different spot so I didn't want to use the intercooler from the SF kit because the angles for the pipe may not have been advantageous.
So: I'm looking at about 6 more hours of work to get it driveable with no boost, from then I am not sure how long it will take to get the intake side finished correctly.

Tom

Last edited by warmonger; 02/02/03 04:03 PM.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I think you just sold me on the FSVT rims. Schweet. Good luck with it!!! *man that makes me miss my car*

Ryan Trollin!
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Nice looking car Tom, now I see what my car is supposed to look like as far as the lowering goes. I too have the FSVT rims. Good luck with the project and can't wait to see the dyno #'s!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Yeah, those focus SVT rims fit the SVT way better than they ever did the Focus! Should have been what was on the CSVT in the first place! They could be a little lighter though, they are 4.5 #'s heavier than stock, but when you pushin 60+ ponies more than stock with more on the way, who cares.

Tom

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard