Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#535953 01/31/03 09:04 AM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
H
so i'm likely going down to florida for spring break the week of march 24th. i have a friend that will be in kissimmee the same time. i've never been to disney world so i may do that for 1-3 days. i dont know what this will cost. i'm checking hotels online for the week. is orlando close to kissimmee. cheaper to stay in orlando or kiss. what else is there to do in that area besides disney.

definitely want to go to some clubs. any good ones in the area. techno/afterhours places. cool bars.

what time do bars close? when do liquor stores close?

whats the weather like around late march?

i am trying to keep everything as cheap as possible, though i want to have fun.

i'm also driving down.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
#535954 01/31/03 01:41 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
IS there anything else besides Disney?? hahahah, jk.

Well, if you are going to have a car readily availible, that whole area is nice to drive around. Daytona is not far away either. Definately go to the beach. Should be warm enough then. Disney is pretty cool. Last time I went there though was in 88. LOL. If you go west towards Ocala, it's big horse country out there. There's a racing museum over that way to right off I75.
Unless you're allergic, you MUST stop at a roadside fruit stand for some oranges and hot boiled peanuts. That's a Florida favorite. Don't forget to stop at a Florida welcome station and get your 3 tshirts for $10.
PS- there's also a nice little strip joint on I75 around Gainsville that "BARES ALL" according to the billboards.......hahahahah

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
#535955 01/31/03 02:42 PM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Well, I can help you with a few issues:

Hotels: Can be had @ a rather fair price in Orlando, I stayed on International Drive (alot of good stuff on this road). Clubs, food, lodging, entertainment, etc.

Weather: Late March is very very nice, not quit the scorching summer heat, and unbearable humidity, but I'd say about mid to high 80's.

2000 Contour SVT 17" Focus SVT wheels Intrax suspension #1694
#535956 02/01/03 07:29 AM
Q
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Q
its deffinatley cheaper to stay in kissimee. but since youll have your car youll be all set. i would recomend church street and international drive for the bars and a lil night life.u could even cruise on over to tampa, its only like 45-50 min depending on how u drive. mad fun here on the weekends. orlando is a pretty tricked out place to chill. youll definately have fun. give us a call well all hook up ceg style.

2000 t-red SVT ****too quick for civics**** i have a few tricks up my sleeve
#535957 02/01/03 07:10 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
i live in kissimmee. there are good hotels on 192 that are pretty nicely priced. there is a good priced one in front of the osceola mall on 192. i think it called comfort inn. downtown orlando is always jumpin as mentioned and it isnt as touristy as pleasure island and city walk. ybor city is in tampa that just a drive down I-4 west from orlando and ybor city is hot, super bowl night was jumpin. orlando has a pretty big street racing scene and lots of bikers. being in central florid ais cool cause daytona isnt too far either daytona is actualy closer than tampa the drive on I-4 east from orlando to daytona is just a bit less than a hour but once you reash daytona you will see the traffic especialy for spring break. i cant wait i jst hoep i have the rigth weekend off so i can go on a good day.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
#535958 02/02/03 09:07 AM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
H
thanks for the info guys. yeah it seems to be an almost definite. i think we'll leave CT on the 22nd (and leave florida on the following friday or sat)and drive down taking our time. wanna see if there's anything to stop and see between here and florida. probably stopping at a motel at south of the border. then continuing on. i'm bringing my laptop and can get online w/ my sprint phone as modem. just gotta find an adaptor for the cig lighter in the car to plug the laptop into. so i can still check ceg and mapquest and whatnot.

not to offend anyone (this is what i heard). that the club scene isn't that great. is it more bars than clubs down there? how late r they open? just curious your opinion.

i may just go to universal studios for a day. i like rides but i dont want to pay to wait in lines for the week.

and that race museum definitely sounds fun. the oranges and nuts too. thats the stuff i find fun about road trips.

so yeah the svt will be down there if anyone wanted to hang for a bit or maybe hit up a bar on a night.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
#535959 02/03/03 06:11 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
for soem reaso they made the clubs close at 2 now i think disney has soemthign to do with it they have a lto of pull with the local government i bet. tourist get away with anything. some brit got off easy when he totalled my supra and all he had was a reciept for his rentyal car an dno kinda i.d. the insurance sompany couldnt even do much and the cosp didnt wanan waste there time. when it coems to hotels the fartehr from disney you are the less it will be. lie the comfort in across from the osceola mall thati mentioned in the above post is liek 30 a nigth for a single and i think 40 for a double and its a nice hotel with pool. when it come sot the clubs and bars there is oen hot spot in kissimmee called gators on 192 that seems to be always packed and by that mall is a calico jack's downtown orlando is the hot spot in orlando. if u want any more info you can email me my adress is in my profile.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
#535960 02/03/03 09:42 AM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
H
thanks guys. as i plan the trip more, i'll likely pop in again w/ more questions. hope u dont mind.

#535961 02/08/03 05:55 AM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
H
mrsfurby, do u know the name of the race museum.

#535962 02/08/03 06:04 AM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
H
oh, anyone else got suggestions for stuff to do. i dont mind driving out to other areas(just not hoursworth). stuff that isn't too expensive to do. nice siteseeing areas.

i'm thinking of leaving on the 22nd. stop and stay in williamsburg, va for a day or two(not sure how williamsburg works), then continue to FL. looking to go to universal studios for a day, maybe this race museum another day, 2-3 days at the beach and whatever else this is to see. and of course some nightlife. and i'd definitely like to hook up w/ some of u guys if your up to it. again, not sure what to do in the area. maybe we can hit up a few bars.

i'm really excited cuz i should have my new wheels and suspension and a few small things installed before the trip. i haven't done anything like this in a LONG time. hope it doesn't rain.

is international drive the same as rte 192? i've been checking hotels on orbitz.com and alot of them are on international dr. i think i'll be able to get one for $35/night for 2 people.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard