Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
V
its all about the number my friend j/k

I could, however, post only faces, and 2 word responses, like in the old days.

But I will NEVER pass up the chance to trash Ferris or Big Rapids!!!

You should know, you've been here.

TIm

Tim Ex - ContourPower 2001 Saab 9-3 Viggen
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
god, that place has a name??

M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
So anyway, back to the topic, apparently no one knows where Kroger is getting their gas. What about Meijer? Where do they get their gas?? There are several Meijer gas stations in Ohio, too, in addition to these "newfangled" Kroger ones!

99 SVT, Black/Blue #1720 of 2760 04 Mazda Tribute ES, fully loaded Check out my website!
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
The kroger in Richmond has a gas station. I think new stores are getting them.

Anyway, I was always under the impression that for the most part, gas stations get the same gas, but that could just be a rumor I overheard somewhere along the lines.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by dnewma04:
The kroger in Richmond has a gas station. I think new stores are getting them.

Anyway, I was always under the impression that for the most part, gas stations get the same gas, but that could just be a rumor I overheard somewhere along the lines.

I think your partly right. I saw a special on the Discovery channel that said all gas stations get their gas from the same main pipeline. But, certain stations add different addatives. So the gas may be slightly different. Hence the differences in octane.

~~~~~~Mike~~~~~~ Black 2006 VW Rabbit Silver 2000 Contour SVT - SOLD ~~~~The Car~~~~~
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SVTMike:

I saw a special on the Discovery channel that said all gas stations get their gas from the same main pipeline. But, certain stations add different addatives. So the gas may be slightly different. Hence the differences in octane.

There were some tests done on the quality of gas at different places. Most were ok, but Texaco was by far the best, too bad we don't have any of those around here. Also, I know from MANY sources that BP gas is bad.

I'm sure that "oil is oil" but there have to be a few different refineries that supply the local gas stations. Think Ashland, BP, Exxon/mobil, I'm just guessing.

It seems to me no one knows, I though someone might. Oh well.

99 SVT, Black/Blue #1720 of 2760 04 Mazda Tribute ES, fully loaded Check out my website!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard