Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
Want to maybe go with nitrous, but I would like to go with a direct port setup. Is anyone actually doing this that can give me some "real-life" experience with it?

Thanks,

O3

Parts theory: "Run them til you bust them, and then upgrade" 2000 Svt Black/Tan H&R Springs B&M Short Throw Intake w/K&N
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
i have a picture of someones set up, but don't know who's it is. And why do you want direct port?? IMO its only needed on 'big' shots 125+

Ryan Trollin!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I personally would like to run individual port injection right near or above the injectors to precisely balance the amount of nitrous per cylinder rather than having too much of it go to the first two that it encounters and too little to the last two. I don't know if the imbalance is that significant, but there must be an imbalance sine the distance that the air and nitrous has to flow to get to the front cylinders is longer than the two rear cylinders.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by warmonger:
I personally would like to run individual port injection right near or above the injectors to precisely balance the amount of nitrous per cylinder rather than having too much of it go to the first two that it encounters and too little to the last two. I don't know if the imbalance is that significant, but there must be an imbalance sine the distance that the air and nitrous has to flow to get to the front cylinders is longer than the two rear cylinders.

Ditto!

Plus being returnless I definitely would not want fuel running through the UIM.

What they need is a VCN-3000. A computer controlled direct port dry kit.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
has anyone seen the new NOS direct fogger system, comes with an individual fuel injector housing, no drilling, tapping direct fit. Anyone have any experience with this?

Eric

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Won't fit our car. It makes the fuel rail sit too high and not clear the UIM.

Cool looking setup though.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
the NOSzle system....

Originally posted by fast4drsvt:
has anyone seen the new NOS direct fogger system, comes with an individual fuel injector housing, no drilling, tapping direct fit. Anyone have any experience with this?

Eric

Ryan Trollin!
O
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
DemonSvt and Warmonger-
So are you thinking a DRY Direct Port setup? Something where you are just adding Nitrous to each cylinder.

So in other words no one is actually running a D.P. setup?

Thanks for any other ideas.

-O3

Parts theory: "Run them til you bust them, and then upgrade" 2000 Svt Black/Tan H&R Springs B&M Short Throw Intake w/K&N
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Why do all that plumbing and then run a dry kit? Waste of time. If you are going to do direct port, then it needs to be wet IMO. More power. If you are going to do dry then I wouldn't do over 100hp shot, period. Like I said, I have a picture of someone's set up, but don't know who's it is.

Ryan Trollin!
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I have actually been thinking about running direct port setup such as the NOS setup pictured. If I do I will be running a completely seperate fuel system for the nitrous. If you use a one or two gallon fuel cell with 100 plus octane fuel it should be possible to make relatively safe power without have to take as much timing out as would be necessary with a dry setup.

99 T-Red SVT #1634/2760 K&N filter Aussie Intake Pipe Pro-M 75mm & Optimizer B&M Edge Shifter Quaife LSD Borla Cat back MSDS Headers/sho-shop Y-Pipe Dynoed at 184.2 HP & 157.2 TQ 14.53@94.15
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard