Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
anybody actually use a 1 3/4 dynomax or do you step it up to 2 inch? i work at napa, i can actually get the 2 inch for $35

99 Contour LX MTX, Cone Air Filter, Custom Grille 95 Neon ATX Intake, Ractive Muffler, Green Painted valve cover, fuel rail, and intake, b/w painted interior, white exterior trim, shaded tail lights
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
y split before the mufflers. No resonator, Thrush Turbo Mufflers, Cheap tips from the car store........

Nice little rumble, not ricey, nice when starting up or driving on the freeway. A little rasp when you go WOT.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I can get the thrush turbo mufflers for $19

99 Contour LX MTX, Cone Air Filter, Custom Grille 95 Neon ATX Intake, Ractive Muffler, Green Painted valve cover, fuel rail, and intake, b/w painted interior, white exterior trim, shaded tail lights
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
$21 shipped for my Summit racing turbo muffler. Its in place of the resonator with no rear muffler on stock pipe. Nice sound, kind of deep.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by the other davis:
the other davis
caleb
2.0 Zetec Contour GL
SVT Exhaust minus mufflers

Sound: decent, not too ricey good rumble, but almost non-existant when idling at a light

put the mufflers back on and it's all welded up and sounds great.

-Contour's dead, but is being revived...
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by ford zetec2:
after than, what do i do with the 98 short shifter? do I place it in there like it is?

Stick it in your butt and rotate.

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
Does anyone know if the Focus Headers for the zetec will bolt on to the contour zetec?

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by chriseichman:
Does anyone know if the Focus Headers for the zetec will bolt on to the contour zetec?

It will with some modification......search around this forum and you will find some answers.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
thanx I found what I was looking for, but I probably should have read a little more b4 asking, but I appreciate your help.

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Name: Armin
Board name:
Engine/Tranny: zetec I4 ATX

Detailed list of your exhaust mod: Custom Mandrel Bend after Gastank. 2.25". Dynomax Magnum Glasspack Muffler in place of the RES. No Mufflers just straight tips.

Cost/Installation Charge: Muffler was 20 from jegs, cost $30 to put muffler on and 80 to put the straight pipes on in place of the mufflers.

Opinion: Nice sound when started. Cold or hot no rasp. Deep sound when normal driving and nice drone when on the freeway......

BTW, What would a dynomax ultra flow sound like in place of the res with no mufflers. Will it be a loud obnoxious sound or will it sound good? Good as in kind of deep nice drone, not that loud of rasp.

#526290 03/30/06 02:43 PM
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Hello Folks,
I am returning to the mod scene. I have a 96 Contour GL-Sport, Zetec MTX.

I am looking to perform some serious mods:
1) CTA Intake.
2) Magnecor 8.5 wires, Bosch Platinum +4 plugs, voltage stabilizer. Am
considering an Accel CDI ignition as well
2) Brakes. Anyone know of how to convert drum to disc?
3) Strut bars and rear 21mm BAT bar, urethane bushings everywhere
4) Exhaust. Headers and catback
5) Fidanza alum flywheel, Unorthodox U/D pulley
6) Cyl head work, cams, intake manifold matching (to cyl head)

I have a bracket from A/C connecting to head, making the shorty Focus header impossible. I like the shorty b/c it allows me to use the stock cat.
However, I am looking at long tube headers (4-1, NOT 4-2-1) so that I can increase power. I plan to remove the stock resonator and put the stock cat down in it's current location. Is this a good idea?
I want to remain street legal.

Thanks,
Shamun

96 GL-Sport 2.0L, MTX Bernardo Bourges' CTA CAI, Dmitri's SVT E0s rims, 205/55R-16, Dunlop SPs.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard