Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by shamun:
I plan to remove the stock resonator and put the stock cat down in it's current location. Is this a good idea?
I want to remain street legal.

Just for the proper function of the unit, it might be a little too far downstream at that location. Additionally, you may want to keep the res to quiet the headers, then later on have the option to delete or upgrade to a Magnaflow.

For my daughters Zetec, I added the 4-1 headers and placed a new 'bullet' cat right after the headers. Kept the stock res which I plan to replace with a Magnaflow or similar in the next week or two.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
NAME Mike Jordan

Board Name: supertouringmike

Engine/tranny: Zetec MTX

Exhaust: removed res,stock pipe to rear,Flowmaster 40 with turn down (stock type )tip. Looks Stock.

Sound: slighty throaty at idle, not loud but deep at 100MPH
and I've never heard it from the outside (drive by etc) Sorry

01 PORSCHE 996 Merdian/Black Full Aero Fabspeed mufflers Fabspeed CAI B & M shifter 96 GL MTX Zetec 2.0 White/Blue Blaupunkdt Houston K & N Drop in/Koni Kit 18"RageEnduros/Flowmaster 40 Series
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
SOrry for the newbie post, please don't flame me! I am looking for an exhaust system for my 96. I recent purchased a Tsudo header from eBay. It is a long-tube 4-1 type, with O2 senson bung. Unfortunately, my current O2 sensor seems to attach to the cat (it looks like it). I am going to purchase a high-flow cat that I wish to place just aft of the header collector.
1) Do you recommend any particular high flow cat (brand, size, flanges (two or three bolt))?
2) I wish to replace the center resonator with a straight pine. Can the stock muffler handle the extra flow?
As for install, I sure hope that DanG is up for a project!

Many thanks,
Shamun

96 GL-Sport 2.0L, MTX Bernardo Bourges' CTA CAI, Dmitri's SVT E0s rims, 205/55R-16, Dunlop SPs.
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
95 mystique
zetec atx

2.0" v6 contour pipes (walker)
flowmaster delta 60 muffler
turn down tip (flat black)

not loud, very deep, looks oem

1995 MYSTIQUE 2.0L -16" SVT wheels -Custom intake with HKS filter -audiobahn/pioneer stereo -Graphite grey met -Netherlands Plates
W
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
W
2 1/4" pipe from flex back with 5x8 Magnaflow muffler in Resonator location. Exhaust was painted black with a 2.5" slash cut chrome tip at the end. Quiet as stock w/ res cut out but gets louder as your right foot goes down. Nice and mellow sound cruising.

'96 Contour - Zetec/MTX 130+k mi. White/tan Tints, 2.25" custom magnaflow catback, tach cluster '86 Mustang SVO Red/Sunroof 80k orig. Needs work Cone filter, E6 Manifold, '01 16" Pony Wheels
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by ev1lbry4n:
95 mystique
zetec atx

2.0" v6 contour pipes (walker)
flowmaster delta 60 muffler
turn down tip (flat black)

not loud, very deep, looks oem

***EDIT***
i got the new system put on today

2.25" piping
Brullen mid muffler and rear muffler
Ractive oval tip

sounds like a touring car

1995 MYSTIQUE 2.0L -16" SVT wheels -Custom intake with HKS filter -audiobahn/pioneer stereo -Graphite grey met -Netherlands Plates
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by blakjak:
the other davis
caleb
2.0 Zetec Contour GL
SVT Exhaust minus mufflers

Sound: decent, not too ricey good rumble, but almost non-existant when idling at a light

Intake????

did you stand outside your car and let someone else drive around?

I got oober compliments with this set-up....see the vids posted earlier.

Steve

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard