Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
L
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
L
Hey everyone,
I have posted this over in the Duratec forum as well.
Currently DemonSVT and I are putting together a FAQ that will be updated regularly with a lot of quality information. I wanted to extend on this a bit, and have an exhaust database.
That way, there would be one webpage with all sorts of exhaust options, real-world opinions, video clips, and sound clips. This is where I need your help though!
If you have a modified exhaust, you can help out!
What I will need from you:

Name:
Board name:
Engine/Tranny: (SVT V6/MTX...)
Detailed list of your exhaust mod: (I.E... 2.25" Mandrel bent single pipe with a 2" resonator to 2" quasi-dual pipes with baffled rear mufflers and 2.5" tips.)
Cost/Installation Charge: I.E...$500 for the parts, and $100 for the install.
Opinion: (what it sounds like when cold/warm. rasp? droan?)
Misc. Info: (anything that would be helpful to aide someone in their exhaust decision.)

Feel free to email me as well! Contact me via PM or Email about sound/video clips!

Thanks everyone for your time, hopefully it will be a big success! Mods, if you can sticky this topic, it would be greatly appreciated!

-Andy
drryzeabove@hotmail.com

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Thomas Boomershine
T-red2000se
Zetec ATX
SVT exhaust
$20 parts, $40 install
Sounds perfect...nice low growl, but won't wake the neighbors.
Installation is a pain on the Zetec. Having no Y-pipe, you're left about a foot short for the connection. Have a plasma cutter handy and cut the pipe from the resonator to the connecting flange from you stock exhaust. Do same for SVT exhaust. Trade them, and weld on, making sure that the exhaust hanger peg is lined up correctly. Also note: Need an exhaust hanger on pass. side.

2000 Silver Frost SVT # 1637/2150 D.O.B. 01/14/2000
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Steve Jones
Bk4293
Zetec ATX
SVT exhaust
$125 for exaust shipped, $75 for the install
Agreed, nice low growl, but won't wake the neighbors.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Blake Rosenbaum
WannaBe-SVT
Zetec ATX
Bo-Bo exhaust
$145 muffler, $30 resonator removal, JBA Header no cat, $129.00, install = Free.
Nice tone, not much drone.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Hector Castaneda
Hector
Zetec ATX
Kamikaze race header, 2.5" downpipe to 2.5" flex pipe to 2.5" race cat, 2.25" pipe back to Matrix muffler, no resonator
$640 for parts/$300 for labor
Nice low tone at idle, a lot of rasp at full throttle, will wake up your neighbors a couple of blocks away! I am serious.
If you consider doing a race header make sure you can handle more noise.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Joe Hartley
ZetecRacing
DynoMax Ultraflow in stock res location 2.5" pipe going from flang to the muffler split to dual straight pipes 2.25" with 3" stainless steel tips.
some what quiet at idle has a deep tone and just gets louder and louder as you hit the gas. and there is no rasp weather the car is cold or has been warmed up. people that have heard it think I have a perfromance V6 under the hood
I got this exaust through a trade with another Contour owner who was looking to make his quieter due to the race headers he has on his duratec all I payed for was labor and a hanger for the second outlet pipe which was $150 to put my exaust on his car and put his on mine.

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Darrel Davis

D Davis

Zetec/MTX

SVT Exhaust w/ resonators still on

$75 for exhaust (not cut/from local CEGer) - six pack of beer for install by StreetFlight.

Very subdued at idle and when casually rowing the gears. Really wakes up under hard accelaration and has a very, very nice tone when engine braking. My CAI makes more noise than the exhaust usually

I dynoed the exhaust and lost nothing down low and gained a couple HP throughout the upper revs.

If someone has audio of a Zetec w/ SVT exhaust and no resonators, I'd love to hear it.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
Julio Patino
lsneo
se zetec ATX

2.25 mandrel bent pipe with no resonator. The 2.25 pipe starts right after the flex pipe and runs into a flowmaster 40 series muffler.

Muffler $70 installation and pipes $80
Makes a deep sound when on idle, when its cold it will rasp just a bit but the rasp will go away quick. It sounds deep all the time, its not very loud and wont wake your neighbors unless you gun it. Cruising it is not loud at all and will keep cops away from you. If you are looking for a perfect sleeper this is the one for you.

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
James Pettengill
StolonTour#05
97 Zetec ATX

2.25" mandrel bent pipe after stock resonator. Dualed out behind gas tank, which is straight piped out to 2.5" chrome tips in svt bumper openings.

$75 to have stock exhaust removed at resonator and Y'd out to 2 straight pipes w/ chrome tips.

Has a nice growl at idle. A tad raspy when extremely cold but once warm has a nice note to it. Not extremely loud unless really getting on it, and really little or no droning at highway speeds. Sound varies when getting on it. Sometimes it's deep and throaty, other times it's just annoying, but what exhaust isn't at times. Also has a nice growl when coming to a stop from speed.
Started out to just be something temporary or so I though but it has grown on me to where I think I'll keep it like it is.

#526210 01/23/03 03:49 AM
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
svt exhaust, stock res removed and magnaflow 4" round res in place, mufflers at a later date,

any thoughts?

96 gl sport, atx, rip at 95k FDNY 343 remember 9/11
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard