Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
it's on! easy as hell, took about 3 hours. nothing really got in the way , except my dad....

pics are on SAME LINK as before.

DUH

the first one is of the old manifold removed, the 2nd, and 3rd are of the old "catless" setup i made, kinda shitty but it worked. and the last 2 are the header installed, and the custom flange i made for it to butt up to the header.

Last edited by WannaBe-SVT; 01/17/03 11:00 PM.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
...and it runs how??

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
W
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
what do you mean "it runs how"

it drives... it sounds different, barely. as for "haul ass factor" i have yet to know since the inside of my car stinks like paint.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by WannaBe-SVT:
as for "haul ass factor" i have yet to know since the inside of my car stinks like paint.

That's what I'm waiting on - the "haul ass factor"

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
W
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
well, a lot of people know about the "mind trick" where when u do a mod, u think your car is faster, but it's not. well, i'll just say you can tell it actually is worth putting on. the acceleration is actually quite better, i haven't gone over 60 yet but im gunna check a 0-60 run , and some other stuff. then a track run next week (damn $15 to run) and see how much it did. btw, the old manifold... omg.. i don't even know how the hell it worked the size was so small inside and crappy.. and the damn o2 sensor was right in the way of everything. but it was definately worth the money to me.

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Sounds like a good mod. Looks good in the engine bay

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Is this the header where some complained about welds breaking? It strikes me that removing the cat might be part of the reason for weld stress. The stock cat is strapped to the side of the block, which means no leverage gets put on the head studs. Have you got anything holding that custom downpipe in place against the block? If not, any random twisting at the flex pipe is going to cause joint pain in the header...

W
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
the old setup never proved to show any strain, nor breakage or anything really, and it was that way for a year. the welds look pretty damn good, and even if they do break, it's not like i don't know how to weld.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Paul Kienitz:
Is this the header where some complained about welds breaking? It strikes me that removing the cat might be part of the reason for weld stress. The stock cat is strapped to the side of the block, which means no leverage gets put on the head studs. Have you got anything holding that custom downpipe in place against the block? If not, any random twisting at the flex pipe is going to cause joint pain in the header...

Yeah this is the header. I have seen the welds broken with the stock cat STILL in place. I really do think it is the design that causes this.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
So basically, it's the perfect header for someone who has their own welding rig.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard