Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
I just sent my 98 Contour SVT to the shop because it failed to start for the third time in the past month. It turns over when cranked, and once someone physically moves the car, the car will start.

Is there something wrong with one of my fluids? The days that the car wouldn't start the temp was 50 degrees, 30 degrees and this morning it was 10 degrees. It seems almost random.

The last time the car was serviced, the technicians put in regular oil, until then we had always used synthetic. Could this be the problem?

Thanks for the posts!!

L Whitecross 95 Metallic Green Contour GL 98 Silver Frost Contour SVT not getting another car for a while
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Sounds like a PATS issue to me.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
L
OP Offline
L
What is a PATS issue? Forgive my ignorance.

L Whitecross 95 Metallic Green Contour GL 98 Silver Frost Contour SVT not getting another car for a while
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Passive Anti-Theft, special coded key and wired to not start without it. Wiring problems, weak sensor, or a bad key can cause this. Try annother key and see if it happens again.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard