Page 1 of 2 1 2
#522175 01/13/03 05:53 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Here's your status report for spring zing 2003

The official name is SpringZing.03 : the midwest invasion (dave came up with it, pretty cool i think)

I'm working on designs for shirts, trophys, fliers, and nametags and stuff.

fee is still TBA

Dates are may 15-18th

Buckshot is going to be producing the trophys, so once i get the designs finished i'm having some vinyl cut so he can sandblast the plaques dont worry it'll be really cool!

Stereo West here in town has expressed a lot of interest in sponsoring the entire event or a good majority of it as well as letting us have the car show on their property.

Midamerica motorplex is becoming a bit of a dificulty. They would like for us to sit through half a day of classes and then do half a day on the road course. Personally i find no problems with this other than the cost... its outrageous and it will eat the majority of our funds 'pot' if we go ahead with this, need some feedback from you guys on this. They're currently building a 1/8th mile track that should be complete by may, if you guys are interested in dragging there i can guaruntee that would be no problem and probably very cheap.

We also have another drag strip that would be relatively easy to coordinate an event at however i need to know from you guys weather or not you want to drag a new 1/8th mile track, an older 1/4th mile track, or want to blow the entire fundage on getting the road course...

EJ's dyno here in town is also available for these types of events, whose interested in a dyno run?

SCCA NE's schedule is not complete for this year yet so waiting on the SZ Autox info.

Fox42 news is going to be for-sure covering portions of the event, havent been able to contact anyone at the abc, nbc, or cbs affiliates yet, but i'm trying.

Video production will be handled by one of the directors at Fox42 for those of you interested in a springzing.03 video or dvd, as with SZ02 we'll be asking for all of your footage from the event for possible production / inclusion into the video.

Hotel, i know a few people at omni hotels international, they own quite a few hotel chains, we're trying to find a hotel in the area right now that will suit our needs best (ideally big, with banquet hall and a secluded parking lot, not to mention a good price (not too hard to find here though))

Icon Imaging in town will be doing a lot of the printing, as well as shirt shack for the tee-shirts.

we're also putting together a visitors docier of omaha, cool bars, night clubs, things to see etc... for you guys to do during the downtime of the convention.

and thats where we're at...
GIVE ME FEEDBACK

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
#522176 01/13/03 06:48 PM
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Cool. We need to know the difference on price between the road course and drag strips. I think the road course would be cool just for the fact we (us amatuers) might learn some stuff. I might be interested in a dyno run also (cost?). Those are my questions. Keep it up.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
#522177 01/13/03 07:36 PM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Hector:
Cool. We need to know the difference on price between the road course and drag strips. I think the road course would be cool just for the fact we (us amatuers) might learn some stuff. I might be interested in a dyno run also (cost?). Those are my questions. Keep it up.

I agree, I think cost estimates for the options would be huge in making my decision. Sounds really cool though, I can't wait. I would love the road course, but cost may be an issue. 1/8 is out in my book, we'd have dead diff's everywhere. Too short!

#522178 01/13/03 11:26 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Well, I obviously can't speak for everyone but I personally loved the road course (Gingerman Raceway) last year. The only downside to it was to see Buckshot77 (Rick) tear up his car and somebody else in Taurus SHO blew up his Auto tranny.

Getting to drive on a road course really let a lot of people see exactly what these cars are made to do and not to do. I'd say go for the road course if it isn't too expensive.

My $.02,
Mike

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
#522179 01/14/03 01:47 PM
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Mike, glad to see someone had as much fun as I did at Gingerman. I'm planning on doing the road course again myself.

Matt,

The people at MAM are jerking you around big time and are just after what they perceive as big $. Our mustang club ran there last year and they won't even let you get on the course for one run unless you pay for the full day. Just tell them we will be showing up for one of their open track nights and I'd leave it at that or maybe see if you can get specific pricing set up through them based on estimated numbers of people we will have running. IIRC we had 30 or so cars run last year at Gingerman at $50 a pop which totals out to $1500.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
#522180 01/14/03 05:45 PM
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Mike, glad to see someone had as much fun as I did at Gingerman. I'm planning on doing the road course again myself.

Matt,

The people at MAM are jerking you around big time and are just after what they perceive as big $. Our mustang club ran there last year and they won't even let you get on the course for one run unless you pay for the full day. Just tell them we will be showing up for one of their open track nights and I'd leave it at that or maybe see if you can get specific pricing set up through them based on estimated numbers of people we will have running. IIRC we had 30 or so cars run last year at Gingerman at $50 a pop which totals out to $1500.

Rick

I had some fun picking on the Duratecs with my little Zetec Contour. It should be even more fun this coming year ...that is if we are going with the road course.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
#522181 01/15/03 05:00 AM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Are the SHO guys gonna be joining in the festivities again this year?

What about Cougar people too?

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
#522182 01/15/03 01:11 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Road course. I have zero interest in drag racing, although I do wonder what my Buick would do, LOL

TB

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004
#522183 01/16/03 12:24 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
The Cougar people are going to something big (I think Cougarfest) in Indianapolis.

#522184 01/19/03 11:22 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
...i need to know from you guys weather or not you want to drag a new 1/8th mile track, an older 1/4th mile track, or want to blow the entire fundage on getting the road course...

IMHO, the Tours are much more fun in a slalom than on a drag strip. If costs are not too prohibitive, we should shoot for that. Otherwise, definitely the 1/4 mile.

'99 Contour SVT - Black Beauty - (5/1999 - 8/2003) '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (Black on Black) ...Always clean, Always mean.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard