Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Ok, first off, I just have to say that I've never ridden in such a fast deisel! OMG! It could burn the tires from the 1-2 shift...and they're 35" tires! It's amazing what 23psi of boost and 5" exhaust can do!
Anyway, my buddy seems to have some wastegate fluttering in 3rd and 4th gear around 2200 RPM or so. You can hear a kind of "pfft pfft pfft" and the boost is at about 18 psi. Then, after a certain RPM the boost hits 23psi and no more fluttering. Any idea what's wrong? Any idea how to correct this?

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
What chip does he have ????? I know some people with the chips in there powerstrokes and they have no probs. Does it happen all the time? Or does it happen afetr it's warmed up and hot? Does he havea intake on that thing? If not it helps the powerstroke. Just wondering I'm not a powerstroke goru but I've got some friends that might know, otherwise isn't there a forum for those trucks somewhere????

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Heh heh...there probably is a forum for powerstrokes, but I just couldn't stop thinking about it, so I thought I'd ask some pro's.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Is it an internal wastegate or external? (Most likely internal.) What was the stock setting for the motor? Does it happen at full throttle or part throttle?

Eric

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!

Link Copied to Clipboard