Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
gSto Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
I guess buying all the mods for my car makes this seem not too bad as i used the cash on aesthetics and not repair...
but im working for just this purpose, to have a decent car (and pay the rent) i REALLY didn't think i would have these many problems so soon....ive seen 95 contours with double the mileage i have...same engine and going strong STOCK...hell i have a new waterpump now, soon to be a new o2 sensor at the other system i cant remember the name...
along with various transmission fixes....

95'Contour GL 2.5L (JUNKED!) ~~~ [Current Car] 1995 Ford Mustang 5speed [Upcoming Car] 2002 Trans Am WS6 (Black on Black)
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I would call the sellers and talk to them about the problems. If that doesn't help, just keep drinking and everything 'll be all right

1998 ContourLX V6 ATX Cats Gutted+MIL Eliminators Grandma gave me the finger
G
gSto Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
mwahaha...

95'Contour GL 2.5L (JUNKED!) ~~~ [Current Car] 1995 Ford Mustang 5speed [Upcoming Car] 2002 Trans Am WS6 (Black on Black)
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
i didn't read all of the posts, i will go back and read it later...in the meantime u mentioned sticking throttle...that is prolly because your t/b and cable is prolly dirty and gunked up...i also had a (slightly) sticking throttle...after a long freeway ride when i'd stop on the offramp at the light the throttle would stick a bit before going down enough to move the car

when i cleaned the throttle body and egr ports i also sprayed the intake cleaner (b12chemtool) on the throttle cable and worked it back and forth a few times and on the spring on the t/b...haven't had sticking problems since

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
G
gSto Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
yeah but why is this happening AFTER the shop? it was PERFECT b4 it went in....i swear it came out worse than what it went in as

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
okay now i've read the entire post and my next advice for u is the forget about wasting the money on that bady kit and sell off those wheels...i dont see a reason for hooking up a car u're ready to destroy litterally or figuratively..save yourself that big hunk of change for repairs

get some tools if u dont have them already, im sure your car prolly needs the cleaning i mentioned previously and that'll cost u roughly 20 bucks maybe...a couple of wrenches to fit the bolts on the t/b setup and a screwdriver and a small set of picks that u can get at lowes or walmart that will reach into the egr ports and help remove the carbon build up in there...with the miles u have the duratec gunks up pretty bad, im surprised u dont have a cel if u dont...a small can of the intake cleaner i mentioned about cost me $3-something...that will take care of the sticking throttle as i mentioned before and serve as maintainance for the t/b and egr ports

i dont think the atx suffers the throttle hang problem mentioned by the other poster, its caused by the dirt build up most likely

and as far as the creampuff going down hill post...that is correct also, from my experience...i bought a 91 passat back in 95 that had been driven alot 76K miles, but was driven nicely by original owner...when i bought it it was like new, no squeaks, rattles, etc...a few months of me dogging it and there was all kinds of squeaky noises from underhood and the car went downhill quickly finally dying of broken timing belt causing much damage to the valves to the tune of 2700 dollar quote for repairs...

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
not sure but maybe they removed the throttle cable to change the iac and didnt get it back on right???

EO 98 CSVT, black, gunmetal exel 18s, H&R springs ,custom grilles, 35% tint,Hightower headlights,resonator removed,Magnaflow installed,FMS 9mm wires,K&N,Redline MTL 2000 Impala silver 2 inch drop 17 inch Exels
G
gSto Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
one way or another im gonna make this car WORK...
i cleaned up the gunk and [censored] already, the high RPM's have been fixed, the CAT is ok, the o2 sensor however will prolly need replacing within two thousand miles (my florida trip car trip)

the car is back in the shop (FREE OF CHARGE) to fix the hang up... hopefuly this will be cleared tomorrow...im not as angry as i was earlier...

G
gSto Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
TOUCHDOWN!!! haha i love that commercial

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
ehh... I could relate. got my 95 lx tour 2.5 atx for 800 dollars. 90k miles. reason for bein so cheap? body needed fixin (it was hit in the front left fender, and scratches just about everywhere). well turns out there were more reasons the guy wanted to sell. transmission box was cracked and transmission mounts let go as well. cost me 400 dollars to weld and place a new mount. also there was a short circuit under the fuse box where supposedly ford issued that recall. i went in for the recall and im about to take the bill that the electrician gave me a few months ago for 200 bucks to ford and b*tch. the upper control arms bushings are... well, nonexistent. but that is not on my priority list right now. now im saving up to fix the heater :) again.

dont get me wrong - i love the tour. i drove a few other cars and none handles like this one (when i get into my dad's town car i want to vomit). hehe. my next car, hopefully, will be an svt mtx, if i can find one cheap somewhere. id rather buy it slightly damaged and do some work on it. me bein a full time student about to take 20 credits, dont have time to work, im always lookin to save money everywhere. :(

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard