Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
gSto Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
I swear to god this is the last straw

i baught a 95 contour GL which was supposedly babied at 75K miles, by an elderly couple who only traveled to the jersey shore and back on the highway...

ever since i gotten the car i spent a fortune...

1rst week: car shuts down, smoke rising from engine
2ndt week: tires blow
few weeks later: alignment is off
month later: car smells like a stink bomb, idle is too high, and it cant gear properly

total spent so far? 900$ (just repairs)

and i just got it back from the shop...and my gas pedal is sticking...OMFG just 10 minutes ago...

WTF?!!?!?!?! i swear to god im ripping out my hair at this point...all my money is gone...not enuf for gas even....

95'Contour GL 2.5L (JUNKED!) ~~~ [Current Car] 1995 Ford Mustang 5speed [Upcoming Car] 2002 Trans Am WS6 (Black on Black)
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
there there...there there...

lil

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
{color:"blue"]I feel for you man I feel for you I have been there and done that... Dont really know what to tell you though... I hope things get better for you

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Caveat Emptor

Don't lose what you have in it by doing something stupid.

What exactly was the first problem? What burnt up?

What did you pay for it? Is it a Duratec?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
G
gSto Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
the first problem was the water pump, it was broken in half which lead to overheating which lead to major malfunction, and i didnt stop because i was late to an important Magazine Design meeting...

i just highly feel i got cheated out of this... the repair today was for the IAC system... i realized that this had gone fauly because my idle was too high...well SOMEHOW my bill became 320$ for today alone... god knows what he did...i dont see a difference....apparently he did...

only differencei see is, my gas pedal is sticking and it nearly got me in an accident at the crosssection 100ft away from the repair shop and my work place....

**EDIT**

It's an automatic 2.5l Duratech Engine

Last edited by gSto84; 01/10/03 12:16 AM.

95'Contour GL 2.5L (JUNKED!) ~~~ [Current Car] 1995 Ford Mustang 5speed [Upcoming Car] 2002 Trans Am WS6 (Black on Black)
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I have always bought used cars with problems, and fixed them up. Buy you have to know what you are getting into. You also have to learn to do the work. The IAC should not have cost anywhere near that much, and you have to determine if the gas really got stuck, or if it surged, or if it's throttle hang. When you buy a cream-puff and then drive it hard, it will always break something.

You also need to determine how bad you hurt the engine by overheating it. Severe overheating can substantialy shorten the life of the engine. If that is the case, it is not worth it to keep spending money on every problem.

If I have a lemon case, I get annother car to use until I can fix the first. If you continue to drive it with problems it may die totally and then you lose everything you have spent on it.

Many of the problems take more time than money if you work on them yourself. Your decision.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
that sux bro, sorry to hear the bad news. hope ya figure out whats wrong w/ it.

'99 ČoňtôúŔ SE Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 AudioBahn AW1206T Flame Q Sub AudioBahn 1300HCQ Amp Blue LED Switches and HVAC
G
gSto Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Well, i would repair if i could and if i had time...
full time student and full time employee...

i also dont have the luxury of selling and buying rite now...i just moved out, parents moved to Dennmark and.... well yeah...u can prolly see why im stressed at this car....

i baught it because i thought i could avoid this problem for a little bit...

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Well, you know what they say: Life's a [censored], and then you die!

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Rogerm60:
Well, you know what they say: Life's a [censored], and then you die!

I thought it was Life's a duratech , and then you die It is too bad you got stuck with a 2.5 Trade the car in for a zetec 2.0 contour and all will be fine . My zetec has 119,500 miles and is all original .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard