Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
Inspin Offline OP
OP Offline
I
finished school.havent driven my car in awhile (1995 merc mystique) and i hvae a few problems that I just cant seem to fix:

1) my horn doesnt work..you push down and nothing happens??
2) there is a light next to my "check engine light" that came on..it looks like a little barrel with the radioactive symbol in the middle..i thought that was for transmission fluids so i checked and its fine..wth is it?
3) my radio, clock, vanity mirror lights and all other interior lights do not work..i have checked all the fuses in the engine compartment and under the steering wheel..all are fine???

wth is with these small annoying problems? i guess im lucky its nothing major..but still =)

any help is VERY appreciated..

Ins

ps..used to be Inspinout..but i guess that name was retired heh

H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by Inspin:

1) my horn doesnt work..you push down and nothing happens??

I'm guessing this is related to problem #3 below.

2) there is a light next to my "check engine light" that came on..it looks like a little barrel with the radioactive symbol in the middle..i thought that was for transmission fluids so i checked and its fine..wth is it?

That's the coolant light. Check your coolant resevoir on the left side of the engine bay. Ideally the coolant level should be an inch or so above the MAX line.

3) my radio, clock, vanity mirror lights and all other interior lights do not work..i have checked all the fuses in the engine compartment and under the steering wheel..all all are fine???

I'm not sure... if you've checked the fuses and found nothing wrong it could be a wiring problem.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
make sure you over fill your coolant bottle just a little above that max line, like about 1/2" so that the light wont come on when you start the car. that seems to be a problem with these puppies

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

I
Inspin Offline OP
OP Offline
I
i dont think 1 & 3 are related..the horn probl
em started about a week after the electrical problems..

ill take care of the coolant first thing in the morning..if anyone has any ideas how I can test the electrical stuff..that be great..im not afraid of wires

-Ins

N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
I'm having a similiar problem but all my interior lights goes of intermittenly. I read a solution that the mega fuse needs replacement. It's not one of the fuses in the power box or dashboard box but under the air filtration unit on the engine. I will try changing mines when I get a chance.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard