Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
It is now to be known as the "Rainier Rock Run 2003". I may gotten only one new rock chip in my window, but I was hit many times with lesser rocks that thankfully didnt chip me up. It is OK though, my drive to work everyday has the same dangers...my insurance company will be coughing up for some windshield repair soon.

Tailing along behind those SVT's was wonderful, but I was laggin several times...I need MORE POWAH!

Good thing Lance figured out why his third brake light wasn't working before I ended up climbing up his pretty twin tailpipes.

When we were leaving the parking area up top, a Ford Escape got between myself and Shotwell, and the Escape was going almighty slow. I flashed him a lot but after he passed the 12th turnout I couldnt take it anymore...I didnt catch up to the group until after Longmire. Oh, and when that green Space Van saw me rushing up behind, he moved his ass over right quick...I gave him a wave...he could teach the Escape driver a thing or two.

Fun run indeed. Lotsa traffic!

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Yes, the green "space van" who pulled over for Sadeeq but not for me! Maybe I didn't give him enough time, but I managed a pass that wasn't too dangerous. I hope I didn't chip his windshield too (doh!) Good to see that the "official CEG beater" (lol) got a good workout as well. Probably cleaned out those secondaries on the way down. Beowulf, if you want some more power I understand that the non-SVT engine benefits from a aftermarket chip much more than the SVT. You said you're already running premium gas, so a little spark advance wouldn't hurt. Maybe we can even arrange an SVT or 3.0 engine swap! Remember, I've got access to a shop, heh heh.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
P.S. to Shotwell...thanks for the CD, the first track was perfect for after I got past that stinking Escape.

Last edited by Beowulf; 01/20/03 08:17 PM.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I think i am going to concentrate on getting my damn loan paid off before I do anything. I do want to talk to you about a tune up though...I am at 61K, and need to get it done. I just dont trust anyone around here...even the independent shops suck.

Was that your taillights I saw in front of the Silocrap on the corner of that long straightaway before you got back into the twisties? No wonder he pulled over so fast for me! That was the last I saw of any of you until I came up behind Lance after Longmire....hey! Hmmm...now I really want to know what you guys did on that section of road!

I am running premium when the weather is good, but I occassional switch to the lower grades when I am trying to be thrifty. Since I go through a tank every 3 or 4 days, it is no biggie. Come summer, it will be all premium, all of the time.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
That's understandable. I still owe WAY more than it's worth on the market. I don't really care about the market because I plan on keeping the car forever, but you know what I mean. As for the twisties down the mountain, I cannot confirm or deny, or have any recollection of any spirited driving. For the record I went 25MPH all the way down the hill, heh heh. Can't get this thread locked!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Well, it took me so long to catch up to you guys becuase I was doing 15 all of the way down then!

I plan on keeping mine too, I just wouldn't mind saving several thousand over the next few years by paying it off faster...gotta pay for a 3.0 and Paxton somehow.

With my interest rate, over 6 years, the car payments would be almost double the $8700 the car was "purchased" for from the dealer.

What is good is that I went there actually expecting it to be over a grand more...gotta love buying a car with a manual tranny. Dealers hate 'em, but the money I am saving from them not being able to get it off the lot is good.

P.S. The "3.0 and Paxton" thing is not my plan...I dont really know what I will do after wheels, struts, springs and big brakes. The future is WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE open...just like secondaries are meant to be.

Last edited by Beowulf; 01/20/03 09:10 PM.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
The nice thing about Mt. Rainier is that at 25mph you feel like you're wizzing by at record speeds.

'99 Contour SVT - Black Beauty - (5/1999 - 8/2003) '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (Black on Black) ...Always clean, Always mean.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Umm...sure, Sadeeq.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard