Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by CarStereoExpert:
I work for a car stereo/speed shop on the east coast. and I am offering the state of the art Viper Responder alarm package for 300 dollars.

wow, nice system. do you know the size of the remote?

where on the east coast are you and do you install?

when will a decision be made on this gb? I'm interested....

daniel

For Sale: 1998.5 Silver Frost SVT. Vortech supercharger, ShoShop Y Pipe, Borla catback, DMD, Spec Stage II clutch, Quaife LSD, B+M shifter, Ground control coilovers, Koni struts and much more. see classifieds....
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Yes two way communication is what makes the alarm state of the art. It stays in constant communication with your vehicle up to a 1/4 mile away, you can also arm, disarm, pop your trunk, lower your windows, set your alarm off to get rid of a snooping kid, or start your vehicle from a 1/4 mile away. Now here is the more of the two way part of the deal, if someone smacks or punches your car it will show it on your remote and beep or vibrate to alert you. It will come up with a small hammer telling you what happened. If someone were to raise your hood or open your trunk it blinks the hood or the trunk on your remote control. If someone were to touch your ignition wires it blinks your ignition wires. That is just a brief overview of the alarm any specifics just let me know.

In addition some of the options you can add to the alarm are windows modules (which allows you to lower or higher your windows through your remote), a trunk popper if you do not have one, a backup battery, a 2nd siren for inside the car or your trunk (depending if you have a stereo system in the trunk).

Viper Responder
-Jason

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by CarStereoExpert:
Ok an install would cost approximately 75-100 dollars at a local shop.

When I had this Viper 790XV system installed, it cost me $300, and that was because I knew the guy. It is a lot of labor, especially for the remote start, and then you have to consider parts for a bypass module for the PATS system ($50) and then a truck relase kit (since the trunk release is manual, $50). So that's $100 just in parts, and it takes about a day for one person to install all parts of the alarm, keyless entry, remote start, and trunk release.

Your $300 deal is a decent deal (I got mine for $250 off of ebay) but the Contour owners should know that the install is definately going to cost more than what you are saying. All in all, it is probably about the same as buying it from a local shop if they include install in their price, but could be a good deal if a Contour owner knew of someone that could cut them a break on the install.

2005 WR Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2005 Silver Mazda 6s 5-Door ATX Bose Sound, Moonroof, Leather, Clear Tails, Sirius
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Kremithefrog> Depending on the interest level of this groupbuy, I will most likely offer another groupbuy beginning in the spring to summer.

Whitelx> Yes you can bypass your whole system and just use the viper for all of your functions. So no you do not have to carry 2 remotes around! Whatever car stereo shop decides to install this will know exactly what to do, and you do not even need to tell them that, because that is how they will set it up automatically.

ssmumich00> Yes that is a great question, I am glad someone brought that up. the ford PATS system is simple to get around but it is a 40 dollar part in addition to the alarm.

DanKbud> Its your decision man! I understand ya, you just got in to that black widow!

XKontour98> The installation should cost no more than 75-100 dollars and that price is +$40 for our cars because we have the PATS system to get around.

Luckytour95> I will most likely be offering another groupbuy depending on the success of this one.

Joshua_at_Baylor> first off the remote trunk pop is an option, second off i am offering PATS bypass module for 40 dollars, third off it does not take a whole day to install the alarm, My installer installed my personal alarm for me with the battery backup, and 2nd siren, with a custom siren sound in 3 hours. I do not know who installed yours. My shop offers installation for 70 dollars of this alarm. We average 3 hour install times and mark our schedules to last no more than 3 hours for the installatoin of the Viper Responder.

Viper Responder

-Jason

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Wow! I knew my town sucked, but I didn't know it sucked that bad. Most of the alarm retailers here are shady, and so I had my friend (who is a DEI certified installer, but doesn't do very many remote starts and usually works on Sidewinders) install my Viper. It took him all day. That is a good price you offer, I wish I lived where you do.

2005 WR Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2005 Silver Mazda 6s 5-Door ATX Bose Sound, Moonroof, Leather, Clear Tails, Sirius
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
yes all of our installers are DEI Certified as well as MECP certified if you understand that certification. we have highly qualified installers at our shop.

-Jason

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Yeah, doesn't it stand for Mobile Electronics Certified Professionals? I think he was too, but like I said he doesn't do very many remote starts (they usually only do audio) so I guess that is why it took him longer. But it sounds like ya'll run an honest shop because those are some great install prices.

C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Yes we do try to run an honest shop, we have been open for over 15 years and we were talking about trying out internet sales to expand, so my idea since I own a contour was to try to the boards on contour.org first...

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
where is your shop located?

I'm in Boston...

whats the size of the remote? (ie...fit in pocket?)

For Sale: 1998.5 Silver Frost SVT. Vortech supercharger, ShoShop Y Pipe, Borla catback, DMD, Spec Stage II clutch, Quaife LSD, B+M shifter, Ground control coilovers, Koni struts and much more. see classifieds....
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Hi my shop is located in wincester, VA. and the remote im looking at right now inch and 1/4 wide and 2 1/4 - 1/2 inches tall and about half inch thick. its very small and fits in to your pocket great. another good thing is the battery is not a watch battery it is a triple A battery to replace!

another thing about the remote you can have it beep, vibrate or both. and it has lighting in it for the night.

It also shows if your car is locked or unlocked and it tells you if your car actually started when you hit the button. it shows a puff of exhaust on the exhaust pipe!

any more questions let me know, you can see the remote here at Viper Responder

Jason

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard