Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
I scheduled an appointment to have my car in for service 1 week in advance. Monday morning I dropped my car off to have the secondaries and p/s fixed (p/s for the 2nd time). I had previously shown them what was wrong with the secondaries and gave them my opinion on the matter (which I was right). So bright and early Monday morning I drop the car off. Around 3 I call to get an update on the progress. Well they diagnosed the car and stated that the parts weren't in yet, but would be in by Tuesday at 12. Great, I can live with a car for 1.5 days, not a problem.

Well today I check around 1 and still no parts, but my service advisor was at lunch. I finally get a call around 3, "Sorry sir, but your parts had to come from Detriot and won't be in til tomorrow at 9." Now when I scheduled the appointment, in person after showing them the problem, I had asked he check to make sure he could get the parts to fix the car in a reasonable time. Obviously he blew me off on that one and now I'm out of a car for 3 days this week. All it would have taken was 10 minutes to check on the part and see where it was coming from. I would have been much happier going into this knowing that I would be out of a car for 3 days. I confronted him on this and he said he couldn't order the parts if they weren't bad, but I expressed all I wanted him to do was check the stock not order. I could have lived knowing going into this I would be out of a car for 3 days but because they couldn't take 10 minutes out of their schedule to make 3 days of my life a little more predictable I'm upset. Anyway, for a job that should have only taken 3 hours max they will take 3 days (I hope that is all they take). Well I vented my frustration.

Rob

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
go ford!

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Was this Thomason again? I remember you were going to try Courtesy on 122nd. I'd be on the phone with them persistantly until I got my car back. That's a bunch of BS.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
No, I'll never take my car to Thomason again. This is McKenzie Ford here in Hillsboro. They do good work and up til now I was pleased with the service. I think I'll switch back to my old service rep and try him if it has to go back in.

I'm just upset since the guy couldn't take 10 minutes out of his week and fulfill a request by a customer. I wasn't asking him to order anything just check to see where stuff was so I would be prepared to be without a car for a given amount of time. He didn't even want to talk to me when I was on the phone, he kept trying to end my conversation about how displeased I was. I was seriously trying to get this guy to understand my point of view but he would have nothing of it. Only 3K more miles and then I can blame myself if the car is down for 3 days.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard