Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 114 of 129 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 128 129
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Yes it is still going on... and I'm still trying to get answers

I've been calling practically every day since my last post, and trying to get answers for everybody... but its been like pulling teeth to get calls back, and responses to things... come to think of it, pulling teeth might not be such a bad idea

Anyway, if worse comes to worse, I'm driving up that way next week (I'm 400 miles away right now), and will come knocking on their door if I have to

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Thanks for the continuous effort. Still waiting patently...well, somewhat.

99 CSVT-Tropic Green - MSDS Headers, Trubenz Catback, Sho-shop Y-pipe, K&N with Mirko connector, Mirko Splitter, Superchip, Pillar & Guages, Aussie Sun Shade.
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
OK. I know you guys are working hard on this, but we kinda deserve an update every once and a while. I am super tight on cash right now, so having this sit out here for this long has been wearing a little thin. I am either going to have to get my money back on this, or gonna need free shipping since this is starting to wear on me...

"Speak English... I am speaking Engrish..." Steve Chang 99 Silver SVT Contour #196 (Garaged) 06 Dark Blue Pearl Fusion SE V6 (Daily) 05 Dark Shadow Grey Freestyle Limited AWD
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
I hear you xchang. I dont have a job right now, so money is thin right now for me also.

98 CSVT Black Alpine CDA 7995 Memphis 1000D & Alpine MRV T302 2 Orion 12's HPP Rear Strut Bar
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Okay, so here's the latest update so far.

Talking with an employee there, we were told that Wayson USA is apparently going to be getting out of the Aerostyling business, due to pressures from pricing on carbon fiber and their desire to make other stuff out of Fiberglass instead of aero parts.

This, of course, upset me. But I was okay.

Then he mentioned to us the fact that they may not be able to fulfill their contract with us on completing this order.

This, of course, pissed me the hell off.

I left a message for the president of the company, and I've been waiting for 4 days for a call back. I called once more, but again was forced to leave a message.

So in the meantime, Dev and I are planning on doing the best we can to ensure that everyone is as happy as possible.

For those who have ordered and no longer have a car and want a refund- I have to talk to Wayson USA to get our money back before I can issue a refund, and if I can't get that back in a reasonable amount of time I will pay you out of my pocket.

For those who are waiting on the hoods still, if Wayson can't get us the fixed hoods, then I can offer you the imperfect ones at the price offered to the rest of the GB- no additional cost. I'll pay for shipping.

I am EXTREMELY apologetic to EVERYONE who has been VERY patient with this GB. I am incredibly angry at the fact it has gone this sour when we never had bad relations or experiences with this manufacturer. I thank everyone who has stuck it out, and please feel free to email me ( mike@initialvelocity.com ).

Please note I will be out of town starting monday until the following tuesday due to Cougarfest. If you feel the need to vent your frustration and hear me repeat this apology to you in person, please feel free to call my number 408-509-0729 and leave a message, and I will call you back. Please try to avoid things like death threats, however, as they do cross a legal barrier. Jokes about my mother are taken in good humor, and jokes about my dad being gay will be shrugged off since.. well, he is. But anyway....

Please understand that we are trying as hard as we can to make sure you are satisfied. Even though this group buy did not end the way we wanted it to, I want to make sure all those who paid get product, so they can enjoy having a limited edition, unique and awesome looking hood.

Last edited by NorCalCoug; 07/23/05 01:41 AM.

2001 ATX V6 Dark Shadow Grey Merc Cougar(Sport Pkg, ABS, traction control and sunroof )
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by NorCalCoug:
Then he mentioned to us the fact that they may not be able to fulfill their contract with us on completing this order.

can you take legal actions here?

N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by ZetecChris:
Originally posted by NorCalCoug:

can you take legal actions here?

Well, I have to go over the contract again, but I'm pretty sure that it's a fairly simple contract for manufacture in that if they can't meet fulfillment of our contract, we can recover the difference within a certain number of days.

As far as damages, seeking litigation may not be very fruitful- there are only a few hoods left to be delivered (Three, I believe, but I have to check my list), and thus the cost of taking them to court would far supercede the amount that could be recovered. I would have to talk to a lawyer friend of mine. She'd take our case for free, but she only passed the bar in Philly and Jersey, not Cali.

2001 ATX V6 Dark Shadow Grey Merc Cougar(Sport Pkg, ABS, traction control and sunroof )
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
having your friend type up a formal letter demanding refunds for people or suit will be filed, will probably be more than enough to get your money back. they know they f*cked up and would lose in court. getting a letter as such from an attorney tells them that you are already prepared to do battle and that would just cost them more money. they dont know youre friend isnt licensed in CA or if she has connections to a firm here.

ps before anybody asks or suggests, there are no punitive damages available for a breach of contract (extremely rare). you can basically only recover what has already been paid. there are other possibilities but they arent exactly realistic nor cost-effective. as much as it sucks and people have waited forever for these damned things, go for the refund!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
You know, i'd hate to make a big matter like the rest of the people not getting their hoods seem small, but where are the hoodpins we were PROMISED??? You shouldn't make promises you don't intend to keep. This is complete bull, and especially with the possibility of the rest of the hoods not being delivered...

I'm glad I got my hood in one piece, and only one small mounting issue...but I am very dissatisfied with this whole situation.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by TGO:
You know, i'd hate to make a big matter like the rest of the people not getting their hoods seem small, but where are the hoodpins we were PROMISED??? You shouldn't make promises you don't intend to keep. This is complete bull, and especially with the possibility of the rest of the hoods not being delivered...

I'm glad I got my hood in one piece, and only one small mounting issue...but I am very dissatisfied with this whole situation.

Again, I apologize profusely for the situation. The hoodpins were to come from Wayson USA's tuner division (TunerGear), and apparently (and unfortunately!) haven't.

Dev and I are sourcing another supplier to acquire these hoodpins to fulfill the rest of the promise we made to you all. They will come, and I will see to it personally when I return from Cougarfest.

Believe me when I say I understand your frustration and anger. This is the end of a long string of disappointments we've gotten from this supplier, from the hoods first taking so long, then being made with the wrong vent, then being made in fiberglass instead of CF, and then having fitment issues.. while I understand that you have to live with every day of this GB being irritated whenever you're reminded of the fact that you haven't gotten everything you were promised, please realize that we have to live every day knowing that we have a supplier who can't give us what they promised us, and that we are disappointing DOZENS of people. Believe me, not a single day goes by that I don't think about this GB. Not one. Even though I don't log on to these forums, I still keep it in mind, because I can't help it.

I will do my best to fix this as best I can.

Page 114 of 129 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 128 129

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard