Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 111 of 129 1 2 109 110 111 112 113 128 129
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
They were pretty good about keeping us posted and then they just vanished. POOF! Like my money! But at least you got a hood THINKMOTO! Must be nice.

99 CSVT-Tropic Green - MSDS Headers, Trubenz Catback, Sho-shop Y-pipe, K&N with Mirko connector, Mirko Splitter, Superchip, Pillar & Guages, Aussie Sun Shade.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
yeah its a defective one fugger lines up great...for the discount they gave on shipping I can deal with one hole being off.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
I apologize profusely for the delay in responding. As I posted previously, I prefer that email is used as the best method of getting a hold of me as I do not have any hard updates to give.

At last verification with the mfgr, they had to have the factory retool their mold as they had NOT fixed the hole alignment issue for the hinge mounting.

This is obviously an issue. The hoods that had arrived (3, I believe. I left a voicemail and i'm waiting for a call back) had the incorrectly mounted hinges. That was several weeks ago. They have not notified me that the mounting holes have been fixed yet. This is an irritation to me of course, but there is little I can do other than fly to China and beat up the factory workers.

Also, there seems to be an issue with our PO Box which I will handle today. Apparently the post office decided to stop auto-charging us like they have been for the past two years. Such nice guys.

My email contact is mike@initialvelocity.com and I WILL reply to all emails within 72 hours of receipt.

2001 ATX V6 Dark Shadow Grey Merc Cougar(Sport Pkg, ABS, traction control and sunroof )
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
As long as there is confirmation that the hoods are still in production, then I am happy. I could of swore I emailed intial velocity and I did not get a response.

99 CSVT-Tropic Green - MSDS Headers, Trubenz Catback, Sho-shop Y-pipe, K&N with Mirko connector, Mirko Splitter, Superchip, Pillar & Guages, Aussie Sun Shade.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
e-mail sent to ya

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
im very interested in ordering one when things finally stabilize. i like this hood much better than the cowl hood.
im curious as to why they didnt just have one of the bazillion cf shops in so cal make the hoods. its not like these are much cheaper (cost wise).

my friend is having a cowl hood custom-made for the 3rd gen shos. if that shop does a really good job, im going to talk to them about doing an evo style hood for us. the one with the vents on top and the ram air scoops. dual functionality baby!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
You da man Steve!! Make it happen!!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Does anyone know the approximate(or even exact if you know) weight difference between the Carbon Fiber hood, and the Fiberglass hood? I'd like to paint the hood to match the car, regardless of the material, and would like to know the weight difference of the two.

Thanks!

Mark

Mark don't ruin your beautiful car with that hiddeous hood. Get a good ol' fashioned carbon fiber hood. If you get one of these I will laugh at you, for the rest of your life. There's a CEG'er here with that hood, no offense to them, but it looks like poo IMO.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by CLASSVT:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Does anyone know the approximate(or even exact if you know) weight difference between the Carbon Fiber hood, and the Fiberglass hood? I'd like to paint the hood to match the car, regardless of the material, and would like to know the weight difference of the two.

Thanks!

Mark

Mark don't ruin your beautiful car with that hiddeous hood. Get a good ol' fashioned carbon fiber hood. If you get one of these I will laugh at you, for the rest of your life. There's a CEG'er here with that hood, no offense to them, but it looks like poo IMO.

You had to rain on my parade didn't you! I wasn't sure either, but was hoping to see one in person before making a decision. I trust your taste though Ryan, as I've aesthetically agreed on all of your decision with your mods.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Hey Mark, you'll be able to see this hood in person on my car this weekend. I'll be there Friday afternoon at dynotech for the rally....

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
Page 111 of 129 1 2 109 110 111 112 113 128 129

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard