Print Thread
Page 89 of 129 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 128 129
#516456 09/09/04 04:41 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Sweet, that's good news indeed

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
#516457 09/09/04 09:44 AM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
Originally posted by svt4stv:
i havent been following this post and now there are waaay too many threads to catch up on. i just want to pipe in and mention something.
there is a company(?)(a CEG'er?) from Los Angeles selling CF hoods on ebay. i contacted them about a cowl hood. they said they have and sent the same pics i have seen in here. they quoted me the SAME price that is supposed to be the GB "deal" in here. $425 for the hood and $99 to ship. they said i could even pick up in person to avoid shipping.
i thought this was a little coincidental but then i noticed that the person rep-ing the GB in here is from Norcal. i obviously dont know where his source is from but is it this company on ebay? a separate supplier with the same sample pics? a faker trying to rip people off? (no offense to nor cal, i dont know if you know the supplier personally). i just thought id mention this. hope everything works out for everyone.

#1 these are not Cowl hoods, there vented hoods....You would have found that out if you were part of the GB since the beginign.

#2 this is not an E-bay company...if you were around from the beginging you would know this is AreoGear....You would have also known that Areogear switched manufaturers in the middle of production, withch contributed to the delay of the hoods.

#3 i have the prototype hood on MY car so this is not fake like you suggest.I can take pics of the hood on my car with my camera phone and e-mail it to you....Also if you were around since the begining, you would see the original pics were posted on here.

Last, everything you just mentioned, had you been around since the begining, has been brough up in one form or another, and has been answered in one form or antother.

Not trying to be mean,but your posting while not having all the infomation,.....which you could by just skimming (not reading all) the posts that have been posted and which would have prevent you, IMO looking like a jerk.

Right now lets leave it to the people who are directly involved, to get this strighten out...also to not clutter the post with useless infomation.

right now people that have requested refunds have gotten it. And people taht are still waiting like myself, are still waiting for the hoods.

Lupe

who's the jerk? if you actually took the time to read what i wrote you would see that i did NOT say your hood was a fake! where did you come up with that? what i meant/said was maybe the "manufacturer" (aerogear) is a fake, ripping people off. i never said anything about any CEG'ers ripping anyone off, you would know this if you didn't just skim my post. isn't it possible that Aerogear does sell hoods on ebay?? FYI i did read the initial posts about this hood deal but didnt go through ALL of them. all i was doing was offering a little assistance.

I apologize for sticking my nose in where it doesnt belong and for possibly offending anyone which i did not intend to do. please disregard the bs i said before.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#516458 09/09/04 03:09 PM
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
svt4-
Aerogear is a well known company, thus far from being a "fake." I'm not flaming you at all, just letting you know in case you haven't actually heard of them. I think the hoods you're seeing are the Carbon Fiber cowl induction hoods offered in here by livinsvt (??) I think thats his name anyway. They are in fact manufactured in California by a well respected company that usually deal with BMW's and such. You have to understand that many people in here are a bit jumpy about people saying anything about this being a hoax or something. Many of us have had our money in this for almost 2 years now, and in that time we've seen a few other group buys go sour cause of shady dealings. Plus, as you've seen now, some of the people here are good friends with NorCal and Dev and take such comments as your as personal attacks on their friends. Like I said, I'm not trying to flame you or anything even close, personally, I didn't think you sounded like a jerk in your post. So, there you have it.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
#516459 09/09/04 05:21 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
i havent been following this post and now there are waaay too many threads to catch up on. i just want to pipe in and mention something.
there is a company(?)(a CEG'er?) from Los Angeles selling CF hoods on ebay. i contacted them about a cowl hood. they said they have and sent the same pics i have seen in here. they quoted me the SAME price that is supposed to be the GB "deal" in here. $425 for the hood and $99 to ship. they said i could even pick up in person to avoid shipping.
i thought this was a little coincidental but then i noticed that the person rep-ing the GB in here is from Norcal. i obviously dont know where his source is from but is it this company on ebay? a separate supplier with the same sample pics? a faker trying to rip people off? (no offense to nor cal, i dont know if you know the supplier personally). i just thought id mention this. hope everything works out for everyone.

#1 these are not Cowl hoods, there vented hoods....You would have found that out if you were part of the GB since the beginign.

#2 this is not an E-bay company...if you were around from the beginging you would know this is AreoGear....You would have also known that Areogear switched manufaturers in the middle of production, withch contributed to the delay of the hoods.

#3 i have the prototype hood on MY car so this is not fake like you suggest.I can take pics of the hood on my car with my camera phone and e-mail it to you....Also if you were around since the begining, you would see the original pics were posted on here.

Last, everything you just mentioned, had you been around since the begining, has been brough up in one form or another, and has been answered in one form or antother.

Not trying to be mean,but your posting while not having all the infomation,.....which you could by just skimming (not reading all) the posts that have been posted and which would have prevent you, IMO looking like a jerk.

Right now lets leave it to the people who are directly involved, to get this strighten out...also to not clutter the post with useless infomation.

right now people that have requested refunds have gotten it. And people taht are still waiting like myself, are still waiting for the hoods.

Lupe

who's the jerk? if you actually took the time to read what i wrote you would see that i did NOT say your hood was a fake! where did you come up with that? what i meant/said was maybe the "manufacturer" (aerogear) is a fake, ripping people off. i never said anything about any CEG'ers ripping anyone off, you would know this if you didn't just skim my post. isn't it possible that Aerogear does sell hoods on ebay?? FYI i did read the initial posts about this hood deal but didnt go through ALL of them. all i was doing was offering a little assistance.

I apologize for sticking my nose in where it doesnt belong and for possibly offending anyone which i did not intend to do. please disregard the bs i said before.

If the manufaure is Fake, why do i have the prototype on my car...why have i been to there location in Hayward, CA???

im sure if Norcal or Dev knew it would take this long they would not go through AreoGear.

NorMich99SE Explained it best....I may have been a little harsh on you only, because i had to encounter Hitmans stupid post first....so i immidatly went on the defensive.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
#516460 09/09/04 09:33 PM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
i meant fake as in fraud. but regardless, I apologize again for opening my big mouth. didnt mean to cause any more drama to the situation. i deserved the reprimand. anyway, lets forget about this little spec of bs and you guys can get back to focusing on the real issue. those are nice hoods and hopefully if they work out i may pick one up in the future. good luck to everyone in their engine cooling pursuits.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#516461 09/09/04 10:55 PM
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
so wait...if they're on the boat, what's the ETA then?

Originally posted by DEVIOUSDEV:
Yikes... this place blows UP when we're not able to post things...

I'm sorry I've started school again everybody, but that means that I've been unable to get on the net long enough to post anything in the past few days (especially since I go to school full time, while working two jobs)

BUT!!! I have spoken to our rep though, and he tells me the manufacturer has told him that the hoods are on the next container already

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
#516462 09/10/04 12:45 AM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:

Originally posted by DEVIOUSDEV:
Yikes... this place blows UP when we're not able to post things...

I'm sorry I've started school again everybody, but that means that I've been unable to get on the net long enough to post anything in the past few days (especially since I go to school full time, while working two jobs)

BUT!!! I have spoken to our rep though, and he tells me the manufacturer has told him that the hoods are on the next container already

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
#516463 09/10/04 02:31 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:

]

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
#516464 09/10/04 02:39 AM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
***Ears perk up*** On the boat??

"Speak English... I am speaking Engrish..." Steve Chang 99 Silver SVT Contour #196 (Garaged) 06 Dark Blue Pearl Fusion SE V6 (Daily) 05 Dark Shadow Grey Freestyle Limited AWD
#516465 09/13/04 03:50 PM
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
They actually weren't able to give me an ETA, as with these shipping containers/ boats, its hard for them to give concrete information

I would guess if they're loaded on the container, even if the ship hadn't left yet (as of the other day), it would clear customs within 3 weeks

But thats just a guess... so I'm trying to find out the info for you guys

Page 89 of 129 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 128 129

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard