Page 82 of 129 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 128 129
#516386 07/19/04 04:29 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by woodysvt:
I dont wish to bring this up after all the money has been collected...but I will tell you my experience with Aerogear.

I purchased a hood from them in June for my old car (98 gti vr6). I took it home and tried to install it. It was the worst fitting piece of crap i had ever seen. It would even latch at the latch point. So, I called them and told them of my misfortune. They apologized and said I could come pick a new one up in about 3 weeks. I called 3 weeks later...and they informed me that they had not come in yet. They said another 3 weeks. So another 3 weeks...same thing. Another 3 weeks...same thing. It has now been almost 5 months.....and they still keep telling me the same thing. I still have this piece of crap hood sitting in my garage...and am getting the run around with them.
I pray that you guys do not have the same problem as I had. But I will tell you, I am not the only person who has experieces similar to these. Check any other message board, and almost all of them have at least 1 person who had the same problem. I have given up and am not expecting a new hood.

looks like my experience is becoming all too real for ya'll.

yeah, looks like we're sort of in the same boat, but luckily there are A LOT of people in on this, not one, and NorCal has been aggressively hounding them continously. . .

#516387 07/19/04 06:37 PM
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
I know the guys at Aerogear personally, and when it comes to ensuring fitment, they are very serious about it. That's why we received a prototype hood first (which was test fitted and found to fit perfectly), and why their quality control rejects hoods that don't match the mold 100%.

The reason why they are so anal about our product is because we are anal with them... (ok that sounded dirty, but not l ike that ) about making sure they are 100% perfect.

As far as a list of the original GB, I'm compiling that. I have to cross-reference checks received in the mail against the paypal receipts by date to figure it out. Remember that they will more likely than not send all 20 at once, they would only break it up into 10 and 10 if production was going slow or they had too many quality control rejects.

2001 ATX V6 Dark Shadow Grey Merc Cougar(Sport Pkg, ABS, traction control and sunroof )
#516388 07/19/04 06:45 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I dont wish to bring this up after all the money has been collected...but I will tell you my experience with Aerogear.

I purchased a hood from them in June for my old car (98 gti vr6). I took it home and tried to install it. It was the worst fitting piece of crap i had ever seen. It would even latch at the latch point. So, I called them and told them of my misfortune. They apologized and said I could come pick a new one up in about 3 weeks. I called 3 weeks later...and they informed me that they had not come in yet. They said another 3 weeks. So another 3 weeks...same thing. Another 3 weeks...same thing. It has now been almost 5 months.....and they still keep telling me the same thing. I still have this piece of crap hood sitting in my garage...and am getting the run around with them.
I pray that you guys do not have the same problem as I had. But I will tell you, I am not the only person who has experieces similar to these. Check any other message board, and almost all of them have at least 1 person who had the same problem. I have given up and am not expecting a new hood.

looks like my experience is becoming all too real for ya'll.

no not really, Areogear actually got a prototype created that fits really well..check a few pages back...theres pics of it on my car...i can also take more pics if you wish because i still ahve the prototype...AreoGear is trying (although i will say that people ahve had there problmes with them) and yes i will say this, if it was not for Norcal and Devious hounding them, then i believe AreoGear would not have called at all until they arrived.

Norcal and Dev have been really good about that. but in AreoGears defence, they switched factories over in the middle of production due to higher costs, and more defects in the product i beleive....also haveing the molds for there product taken to the new factory was time consuming, due to the fact that you cannot monitor the factories status fist hand cause there all the way in china.

but i wil say this, this has been a while, and it shoudl be over soon, with everyone happy.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
#516389 07/21/04 06:46 AM
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Just an FYI for everyone in the group buy...

DEVIOUSDEV is currently out of town for NECO's Cougarfest in Indianapolis. I will be leaving on a flight out there tomorrow, and hence will also be out of town. I will try my best to log in and check my email, but it may not be possible. If you would like to get in touch with me please use a very brief email to sales@initialvelocity.com, it will be forwarded to my cellphone.

2001 ATX V6 Dark Shadow Grey Merc Cougar(Sport Pkg, ABS, traction control and sunroof )
#516390 07/22/04 12:58 AM
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
sorry, i should have been more specific.

im not saying that you are gonna have probs with fitment...its the damn wait that im talking about.

i mean come on.....i have been part of a retail company that deals with tons and tons of taiwanese, chinese and Thai factories and I have never heard of excuses as to why products are not being sent as the ones "wayson" is stating.

i bet that they have no factory, plain and simple and are running around trying to find somebody to build this hood for them.

you guys have handed them close to $10,000 for hoods and it has been over a year and a half and STILL NO PRODUCT?!?! i dont care how much "hounding" you have done, I would be very, very, very angry. there are many, many other competent companies on the planet who build and sell a decent cf hood for same price if not cheaper. i would jump ship on this one and find another supplier. bad news if you ask me.

also, think about this.....they are making 20+ hoods. there is very high chance that one is going to be a defect that will not be caught. now...one of you (customers) is going to have a bad hood...and will be in the same boat i was. waiting yet again for this company to send a new hood. customer service should be #1...and so far you guys have gotten something not even close to "service" itself.

im not trying to stir the fire...just feel reaaaally bad for you guys having to wait this long after sending money and STILL not receiving anything, not even hope. thats all.

-Nate- 00 Silver Frost CSVT AIM: intg92 Email: woodyvr6@comcast.net
#516391 07/22/04 02:35 AM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
A friend of mine and Norcal are driving together down to Cougarfest. I requested that my friend at least 2-3 times on the trip down ask Norcal where are my hoods he will get his ballz busted by him and maybe a few more of my friends I know it won't help any but at least while hes away he'll still be getting beetched at by someone

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
#516392 07/22/04 03:15 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
why do I feel a Kaotic GB happening here soon????

#516393 07/22/04 04:54 PM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K

also, think about this.....they are making 20+ hoods. there is very high chance that one is going to be a defect that will not be caught. now...one of you (customers) is going to have a bad hood...and will be in the same boat i was. waiting yet again for this company to send a new hood. customer service should be #1...and so far you guys have gotten something not even close to "service" itself.

Keep in mind 20 hoods is nothing to a mass production company oversea's. Most companies have minimum runs, for a large item like this I would suspect 50 to 100pcs would be the normal minimum. 20 is small beans to them. The organizers of the GB purchased more then enough for the GB so if there is a defect or one damaged in shipping, replacements would be readily available. These additional units will be for sale at a higher, non-GB price. And the damaged one or possible defect may be sold at a discount to someone.

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
#516394 07/26/04 10:40 AM
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
#1- As DEVIOUSDEV mentioned before, the majority of the holdup was due to the fact that they were switching factories and they were attempting to get the scoop mold from one factory to another. The factory was being uncooperative.

#2- Their QC is very stringent. As an example when we had our carbon fiber IMRC covers made, 8 out of every 13 were rejected for QC purposes before being delivered to us. This caused us to wait an extra 3 months, but in the end we received only flawless product. I can personally gaurantee there is not a misplaced weave on any of the covers we sold as I personally inspected them.

#3- This is not going to be another Kaotic GB. The company making these is reputable. We are reputable. There already exists a prototype, and there are already several fiberglass models of the carbon fiber hood in the warehouse. The mold has been made, hoods are being popped and inspected.

#4- I am so certain that these hoods are not only going to arrive soon but that we will sell the ones we bought ourselves that I personally issued two refunds to people out of my own pocket (read that's $850 cash out of my pocket) because I'll get that back easily.

They are on the way, they will be here, and we will be happy to sell them to you. We already have the fiberglass ones listed on our website as they are in stock and available.

#516395 07/29/04 08:09 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Bumpin n waiting for some love from the hood gods!

http://svtitan.com 98.5 Black SVT #6364 6/9/98, Xenons, 18' Neeper Titans, KKM, (4) 15 Kickr L7's, (2)Ethqwk PHD2's, Memphis 3004&st150,(4) kickr 6.5 subs, ID CD2 Horns, 5%, Bassani, GC, Koni's, B&M, 153.4dbDBDrag
Page 82 of 129 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 128 129

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard