Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 129 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 128 129
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Anyone know if theres anything special about spraying a clear coat over one of these? Just wondering if I can take it to a shop and just ask them to spray some clear on it or if special prep of any kind is needed....

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Hello, I dont know if you remember me, but I was one of the first people to be interested in this GB. I stopped posting because I thought I was gonna sell my SVT, but after some debating I have decided to keep it. So, I was wondering if it was too late to get back in this GB.

98 contour SVT 03 focus SVT
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Norcal-
Is this SARS thing going to delay our hood shipment? I heard on the news the economy in China is slumping and the government is shutting businesses down to prevent the spread, so was just wondering if we were part of the chaos or if Taiwan (or wherever it's getting shipped from) won't quarantine our goods.. .

Suneil

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Oh crap..I forgot about that! Don't forget to wear your SARS mask when you open the box!

Remember what happened on the simpsons with the flu??

MR. SPARKLE!!

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
1- A lot of shops won't know how to go about prepping the hood for clearcoating, but they should simply prep it as they would any painted surface. Generally, that is to wet-stand, then clearcoat.

2- You can still get in on the GB. Currently, a backup of work at the factory has us slightly delayed, but I'm expecting to talk to the manufacturer on monday to see what our status is and see what we can do about getting things rolling a little faster. I know people really want their hoods.

3- I don't know how SARS is going to affect us; the factory is in China, but I'm not sure if it's in a region that's currently affected by SARS, or if it's in a more northern region.

Hope that answers your questions, if you ever need me to answer a question more urgently please feel free to email me at norcalcoug@norcalneco.NOSPAM-PLEASE.com (remove the nospam please part )

2001 ATX V6 Dark Shadow Grey Merc Cougar(Sport Pkg, ABS, traction control and sunroof )
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
Oh crap..I forgot about that! Don't forget to wear your SARS mask when you open the box!

Remember what happened on the simpsons with the flu??

MR. SPARKLE!!

"Meeeeeeeesta Spar-kah-rooooooooool! Whhaaaaaaaaa CHoooooooooo!!!!!" Gotta love the Simpsons !!!

As far as the clear coat goes, wet sand w/ 600 grit and "take the shine off of it". Clean with a spray booth type aerosol degreaser and it's ready to spray with the clear coat of your choice.
It shouldn't cost that much if you take it to a auto body shop to do it for you.

-Daymon

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
<<<<wants hood now

MY TOYS 98.5 Black/Midnight Blue SVT 2003 Yellow Honda CBR 600 RR 2004 Green/wht. Yamaha 740XL Waverunner Waiting on a hood, to see what my next step is for the SVT.
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
Hey SVTnKC do you still have your oem CF hood? When you get this hood would you like to sell your OEM? Ifso let me know how much. Thanks,Jason D.

1998.5 T.ted SVT 20% tint front,5% tint rear,white hvac,Roush springs,ST200 Struts, FMS wires, metal waterpump. Car is For Sale, Please contact me for more info.
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Hopefully it is getting close boys!! *waiting in anticipation*

"Speak English... I am speaking Engrish..." Steve Chang 99 Silver SVT Contour #196 (Garaged) 06 Dark Blue Pearl Fusion SE V6 (Daily) 05 Dark Shadow Grey Freestyle Limited AWD
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
You know it bud! If you want it, she's yours! I've taken care of it so far so good. She missed all that hail that came to KC earlier this week, and it's only seen rain once. But yea, i'll let you know when this one comes in!

MY TOYS 98.5 Black/Midnight Blue SVT 2003 Yellow Honda CBR 600 RR 2004 Green/wht. Yamaha 740XL Waverunner Waiting on a hood, to see what my next step is for the SVT.
Page 25 of 129 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 128 129

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard