Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
We're new here & have just been reading the posts about the heater blower motor dieing.
We drove from Pittsburgh Pa to Dallas the day after Xmas & when we left the motor was fine. We turned it to low & never adjusted it again. When we left Dallas News Years Eve the thing was dead. The Heater fuse is ok, & I swapped the rear defrost & heater blower relays & got no change w/the problem.

I see a lot of post about this sort of problem so I popped out the Resistor pack. I think, (but in know way am I sure), that there is a Fuse/Thermal fuse on it. It looks like a Thermal Fuse & the wiring diagrams in the Haynes Manual shows a fuse in the circuit, (but both Me & the Haynes Manuals have been wrong before so I'm not certain to this fact).

It was reading open so I cut it out & shorted the ends, but I still have nothing.

I get 12vdc to the fan motor wiring connector when the control knob is on Panel or Flr/Panel but the fan still does not work. I do not get any voltage when on Heat, Defrost, Defrost/Heat, or A/C.

I see that there is recalls for this problem so I'm going to contact Ford & see if they'll help me, but I have a few questions on this.

-Is that part on the Resistor pack a Thermal fuse?
-Is it possible that both the Resistor pack & the switch
are bad?
-Is there anything else that I'm over looking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

John

Hers- '96 Mystique 2.0, 5-speed His- '92 D250 w/Cummins Diesel
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
the fan doesnt work at all or does it just work on high? if it just works on high then its ur resistor. we have 4 contours and 2 of them the fans only worked on high. when we pulled the resistor out of the one the harness and resistor were melted. that happened even after it had been worked on for the recall that the 98's had. im not too sure about the fuse link on the resistor tho.

the 3.0L oval port 3.0L '98 midnight blue se
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
It dosen't have to be stuck on "hi" to be the resistor. Mine was stuck on "lo" when my reststor went.

M
OP Offline
M
It's does not work at all.
There is nothing melted on the Resistor Pack.

Also just after I orginaly started this thread my wife handed me a letter from Mercury & Said "Will this help"
it was a letter telling her about Recall 01M07 for the Heater Blower Switch, dated Aug 2001. She never had it fixed.
I'm gonig to call the dealership today about getting that taken care of.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Mystakin':

I get 12vdc to the fan motor wiring connector when the control knob is on Panel or Flr/Panel but the fan still does not work. I do not get any voltage when on Heat, Defrost, Defrost/Heat, or A/C.

-Is that part on the Resistor pack a Thermal fuse?
-Is it possible that both the Resistor pack & the switch
are bad?
-Is there anything else that I'm over looking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

John

John

I went through an ordeal with mineâ?¦ check this post.

It sounds to me like the resister pack is bad, but it could be the switch. You should be covered under warranty for both the resister and switch (extended warranty to 150k). I would replace the resister first and the switch second.

- 2002 Focus SE Wagon - 2002 Mustang GT flows/k&n: 13.95/101mph - Former: 98 SVT, 96 Mystique - North Georgia Auto Forums
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I also got a notice of a recall for this. It was on a bright orange card stating "URGENT", so I guess I'll be heading to the dealer, although I have never had a problem with the blower.

Gone: 98 E0 Silver SVT '00 ZX2 Kip Killmons Tysons Ford killed my clutch and did not stand behind their word. NEVER visit this dealership, they are fraudulent!
M
OP Offline
M
Our's Came in the form of a letter.

I went on the Ford Owners "Service" website & on the Ford Quality Care website & both said the is no Current recalls for our car.

I called 1-800-392-3673 & talked to a very nice & helpful girl named Morgan. She said that we are still eligible for the 01M07 recall & also the 01S22 recall & sent a memo to our local Ford dealership to notify them.

I called the local Dealership, Monongahela Ford, & talked to their service department. They didn't give me any trouble & said they could get to us on monday.
The funny thing is When told him I had some recalls on a Mystique that need taken care of, He replied with... "Which ones there so many for them.."

Anyways I'm hoping this will take care of my problem.

Also I found out that that is a Thermal cutout fuse in the resistor pack. The one in mine is made by "Therm-o-disk" co. with a brand name of "Microtemp" it's part number is G4A04110C which I is now G4A01110C. so if they don't fix that, i'm going to try to get one or two through work.

Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Originally posted by Cool Blue Mystique:
It dosen't have to be stuck on "hi" to be the resistor. Mine was stuck on "lo" when my reststor went.

i never said it was stuck on anything. i said if it only works on high.

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
When my fan only worked on 'high', it turned out to be the connector under the glovebox. Seems it was corroded and not making elctrical connection. I pulled it apart, cleaned the connectors on both male and female, and re-plugged it, and voila, it works fine.

98 EO Silver Frost SVT, K&N, Eibach springs, 225x50-16, tinted. #3867 of 6535 Replacement for my 91 SHO. 90 Subaru Turbo AWD
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Originally posted by shoB4svt:
When my fan only worked on 'high', it turned out to be the connector under the glovebox. Seems it was corroded and not making elctrical connection. I pulled it apart, cleaned the connectors on both male and female, and re-plugged it, and voila, it works fine.

my connector was a little more than corroded. note that this happened AFTER it had been worked on for the recall. so i had to pay for the new resistor and harness and do fords recall work for them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard