Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Admin + 1/2
Admin + 1/2
O
Pretty much gonna say the chance of that is a big NO. Ford already has its own SVT club: SVTOA (SVT Owners Association). They are not going to sell information to the CEG, especially since we have people on this site who work for Ford and have told us to make sure we have posted somewhere that we are in no way affiliated or endorsed by Ford Motor Company because they are known to go on a witch hunt. I doubt that in light of that and the fact that they already have their own club, they would be willing to give us that info...plus I think there would be some legal aspects not allowing it.

Unfortunately, a good portion of the people driving Contours are not car enthusiasts.

-Christy (Lance's wife)

Christy Kinley 95 Contour SE MTX 01 Outback Limited Wagon with all the goodies
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
I agree with Cristy's statement too. I think you're better off trying to win the Powerball lottery. With SVTOA in the picture, there is already an organization that is doing this.

I don't know about you guys, but I hate getting flyers and such on my car. I know that we (CEG) meen well by it, but I think a lot of people would be annoyed that we put it on their car, thinking we are just some car club. My personal opinion on this matter is we need to show up in numbers to car events around the NW. Get involved in the car enthusiast scene and I'm sure you'll draw some attention to the cars. The Mustang roundup that happens each year in Seattle would be the type of venue I think we should shoot for. They draw A LOT of people, they invite outside clubs (I believe FocalJet was there this year), and it would be a lot of fun wether we got new members or not.

The idea is to let people know that are interested that we are out there. We don't need to broadcast to the world. Car shows, race events, or other events where people can see what we are about, and who the club consists of. Having a piece of paper is one thing, but seeing that we are a bunch of Fast and Furious geeks is another.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
True. 12 or so Contours in a shopping mall parking lot can even draw enough attention on a Saturday morning. Remember the cop? And the 'Stang GT idiot? We need to do that more often!

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by Qbert:
Having a piece of paper is one thing, but seeing that we are a bunch of Fast and Furious geeks is another.

"are" is supposed to be [B]AREN'T[/B]

Man, what a typo!

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by kerrychin:
...Remember the cop? And the 'Stang GT idiot? We need to do that more often!.

ahh... what wonderful memories!!
I'm donw for whatever.

Guys, the lady is right (as women always are):
The majority of Tour owners are... probably not even aware of what make they drive, much less the model

On the other hand, I think that there are a lot of owners liek us who yern for the good company of fellow car-crazed Contour owners. Flyers just might be enough to bring a decent few out of the woodwork, but would probably piss more people off than it is worth. Let's meet, and plan a fun-run through some cities and countryside. Maybe we can all get 'Contour' banners (magneticly attached of course). the aim would be to have some fun while making others DR L.

As always, I'm down for whatever... and I'll even put some money where my mouth is.

'99 Contour SVT - Black Beauty - (5/1999 - 8/2003) '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (Black on Black) ...Always clean, Always mean.
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Sadeeq:
Originally posted by kerrychin:
...Remember the cop? And the 'Stang GT idiot? We need to do that more often!.

ahh... what wonderful memories!!
I'm donw for whatever.

Guys, the lady is right (as women always are):
The majority of Tour owners are... probably not even aware of what make they drive, much less the model

On the other hand, I think that there are a lot of owners liek us who yern for the good company of fellow car-crazed Contour owners. Flyers just might be enough to bring a decent few out of the woodwork, but would probably piss more people off than it is worth. Let's meet, and plan a fun-run through some cities and countryside. Maybe we can all get 'Contour' banners (magneticly attached of course). the aim would be to have some fun while making others DR L.

As always, I'm down for whatever... and I'll even put some money where my mouth is.

Alright glad to see some more people. I want to get atleast 10 cars together, so whoever is in for the meeting, email me at drajen@attbi.com?subject=I'm In!! then, once I have found 10 people we can all find a time when it would be good to meet. I am up for anywhere in the northwest you want to meet. I prefer near the water or a populated area. So that we may attract attention to our cars, furthering people to come look at them. Anyonw know where I can get some custome decals made? I want a huge CEG decal on the back, and some www.contour.org stickers on my back windows. I would also like to make some of these and anyone who doesn't have them, can pay me for them whent hey get to the meeting and then stick them on their cars.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard