Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I want to get some people together for a big meeting. Just to show off our cars and talk about them. Is there anyone who is willing to help me set this up. I am hoping people from the Northwest will show up. I am from the Seattle WA area, So if you want to set something up please tell me cause I am going to try to post some flyers on every contour/mystique that I see. I will be making flyers and if their is anyone who wants to copy some, like $5.00 or 10.00 bucks worth of them and just stick them on every contour/mystique they see. It would be greatly appecaited.

Llane Rost
Drajen@attbi.com
aim: auioxix
cell: 253-217-6020

Take the Poll:

Should we have a meeting?
Yes!!!
no.....

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
This is a good thought, but what exactly is the point? Besides running around talking about cars what else would we do (not that I have a problem with BS'ing about cars all day)? Remember you have ages ranging from 16-60+ and families to add into the equation. You're off on the right foot since you are taking some initiative, as long as you can keep stuff organized and not have 12 people trying to do different things it may work.

If you plan on putting these flyers on every Contour out there, I think you'd be lucky to see 10% of those people at this meeting. I feel about 85%+ of people driving Contours use them as basic transportation. Out of the other 15% they have to be interested in cars to attend, probably bringing the number to around 5%. Take for instance our last meet up in Seattle, I believe we had 13 or so cars. 11 of those were SVT's. So lets do some math real fast, SVT's account for about 1% of the entire production of Contours and we managed 11, but out of the other 99% of Contours on the road we only managed 2.

I'm not against this idea in the least, but there has to be something more then "we are going to talk about cars" on the flyer to attract people. Now we can't and won't be able to please everyone obviously. A couple ideas that we have done that worked out well or should work out well are car shows, go-karting, scenic drive, or other forms of entertainment that 90% of people can enjoy.

I think some of us Portland people should get together and have some dinner or something one night.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I'm willing to BS and have a brewski with some local ceg types, in part over seeing how other's mods worked out or to talk about dealing with routine quirks (So if you left your SVT stock, how do you deal with the tire rubs over bumpstrips, or do you lose PS fluid, etc etc. I work in Portland and commute the Sunset.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
...or do you lose PS fluid

HAHA...how about PS fluid and pumps! Come next week I'll be on my 3rd PS pump. I'm pretty sure my race tires are killing them (read high G's).

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Well this is what I was thinking, some of the things based of your post and some others. We can all meet like portland oregan/washington or closer to seattle, which ever is worked out, and then do the scenic drive after we all meet and have like a barbeque somewhere where we can all sit around and talk, and as for the flyers, i was thinking about getting a large collection of How Too's that aren't easy to find or places where you can get it done locally for cheap, places where you can get lots of parts. Cause, I have to say, Nobody shares where they get all the good parts for their cars. I have found everything I have ever needed for my car except a bumper for a 98 that fits on a 95. Thats the only thing I haven't succesfully found. I am sure I can get 2 or 3 people I know in the area to show up, thats another 3 SVT, one black 2 Red, and maybe even 3 different contours. Everyone can bring their familys, and we can just go to a huge park and hang out. I know of a lot of big parks they would hold all of our cars, and I am sure we could just set up at the park and hang out, and then print some maps of a scenic drive, thats like 50-100 miles, or however long it is agreed upon.

BTW, the glass is never half empty its always half full. If you think we can only get 15 people tops, we will never do better. I think we could get 50+ cars, with over 100 people. I think that would be a good turn out. I sent Lance a PM, and am checking to see if he wants to help organize it and announce it to everyone. I am sure we can get the ball rolling. I am think about getting something set up for July/August next year, and start handing out flyers around feb march. I know I can hit atleast 200-300 cars. and only 1% show, that is still 20-30 cars. I am sure we can do 1%. If not better. We can add on the flyer, how to make your car run better/cheaper/live longer. Everyone wants to make their car run good, and cost less, and live longer. Don't you. I sure as hell do!

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
I'm starting to see where you're going with this and it sounds pretty good. On a side note you're math is a little off, 1% or 200- 300 is only 2-3 cars . I have no problem with this being more of a Seattle thing, I'm more then willing to come up now and then and in return every once in a while we'd have to alternate between Ptown and B.C. (only fair). In the NW though I feel that Seattle has the most active members so the majority of meetings would take place there.

I'm not saying we can't get over 15 cars to show up either, what I am saying is that people that normally show up to these events are car enthusiasts. The percentage of people that are enthusiasts that drive SVT's is fairly high, whereas the percentage that drive non SVT's is really low. My point is that targeting the non SVT's is going to be a very hard process due to the fact that you're going to have to distribute a lot of flyers. Don't take this wrong, I'm all for getting as many Contours as possible to show up, I'm not some SVT elitist. Maybe looking into getting some Cougar guys and possibly Focus people to show up would allow more publicity to this whole thing.

Another thing is organization. I hope you realize how hard it is to organize a gathering like this. At even 15 cars the logistics are hard to manage. If you start having larger get togethers then say 30 cars you might run into some legal issues (state gathering laws, traffic problems, etc.). I'm waiting to hear some others ideas, this isn't impossible and a little more organization within the NW would definitely be welcome...you have to admit most of our G2G's aren't the most structured events ever, though that is half the fun.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
man, i used to be good at math, [censored] oops. Okay well, first off, I am trying to get about 5 people to help organize. I am thinking we could do a nations meeting since the last one was in 2000. Hell why not? Atleast we would be a little more consistant. I have a friend at a Ford Dealer ship who could probably hand out Flyers for us with every focus he sells. I am sure it wouldn't be a problem. I know plenty of people with focus, I am sure they would love to show up. So, now that we have figured part of this out. What is it going to take to get the whole thing set up. I am going to work on a flyer tomorrow, and then lets pass it back and forth making some changes. Its going to be in MSWORD, but if you need it to be in any other format please tell me. Well, I am [censored] out of idea's we need some more people to think about idea's What normally goes on at the meetings. I haven't been to any so if you are anyone else reading this has been to one and can send me a list of events drajen@attbi.com or even post them here, it would be great.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Sounds cool to me. I'd help post flyers in the Portland/Vancouver area. We'd have to find a day when it wan't raining though, which could be hard. I know where at least 20 Contours are, and a quick cruise around would probably find tons more. Qbert is right, most are not going to come to the meet, but if there is a reference to contour.org on the flyer I'd bet at least half check it out. Maybe less, but so what, 5 new members is an improvment!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Here's a potentially naive question, begging for a "we tried that" response: Would Ford's Special Vehicle Team be willing to share/sell its CSVT registry information with a group like ceg or one of its branches, in which case direct mail to owners of CSVTs in the NW would be cheap and easy. Would FoMoCo want to encourage fans of its products to the point of making such info for a mailing list available?

Has another branch tried that?

Wouldn't those owners be the most likely to have interest?

So in the Pacific Northwest, today, how many CSVTs are there likely to be? 100? 500? 1000? How many of them are now registered here w/ SVT? Some owner info would be out of date too, but not all. I'd be willing to set up mailing of 100 or 200 fliers if SVT did not charge for its data. Is there a fat chance of that?

Granted this would not help much in looking for interested SE and GL owners, but it would be likely to get some response from more CSVT owners.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Well, we would probably want to see if Lance would do that since he is the main admin of the site. But, that would definently be a point of interest. I am sure would could try something like that. It couldn't hurt to ask, and you might see if we could get all contour/mystique addresses, not just svt models. If they so no to that, say hey, then how about the SE and SVT models? if no again, move to just SVT models. Start big, they will get anonyed and say yes to one of them. I was thinking august, but nationals are around their, and I don't want to do it in the next few months, cause i screwed the front of my car up. So Maybe april or march? What does everyone else think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard