Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
I would be interested depending on diameter. As Brad knows I'll probably be getting a 3.0L swap, so I'm aiming for 2.25'' diameter...
6 months is a little long though.

Gus.

Last edited by ShadowCougar; 12/31/02 10:20 AM.
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by csc99svt:
yes but not everyone is concerned with laying on their garage floor and looking at their exhaust piping......

It's not for the pretty sight. Aluminized steel will rust out a lot sooner than stainless (basically won't rust out before your car is way past its life.

B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Wash your car on the underside and you won't have a problem. The aluminized piping can last 10+ years easy if you take care of it...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
i think all he is saying is that for 700 dollars, you shouldnt have to baby your exaust system so that it lasts longer......700 sounds like a stainless price to me....If it was i would definately be in.

98 SVT #4636/6535 T-Red/midblu http://www.pbase.com/markussigpi/galleries FOR SALE: My Car.....
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:
i think all he is saying is that for 700 dollars, you shouldnt have to baby your exaust system so that it lasts longer......700 sounds like a stainless price to me....If it was i would definately be in.

Its a stainless price for a system with only one muffler and piping. T-duals you'll need two flex pipes, two mufflers, two cats, two tips, "H" or "X" pipe, twice as much pipe. Price it out....it is expensive!

Oh yeah I had the VERY first system Josh put out on my cougar which was aluminized and bnoon can attest it looks brand new yet, no rust at all even in the salty roads of the frozen north!

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
i stand corrected... hahaha... but you cant knock me for trying to barter with the price!!

98 SVT #4636/6535 T-Red/midblu http://www.pbase.com/markussigpi/galleries FOR SALE: My Car.....
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I agree on getting the lowest price but I also would love to see a system like this made, Mmmm.....mandral bent bolt on T-duals....

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
What will be the expected price for the stainless steel option? 200-300$ more?

and in the other topic he talk about increased cost if we want 2" insteaf of 2.25"???

so the idea of a true duals GB started last september, so 9 month to get the first one...

1999 CSVT Silver #2718 of 2760 8/16/1999
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
i actually dont mind the six month time period, just as long as i have it before the summer... Plus, payment plans are the best way to go, so i have money to spend on other stuff..... Also, what do you think shipping would end up being for a the whole setup, probubly a lot..

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:

You're insane. A SS quasi-dual system is $600!

$700 is a bargain for a setup like this.
IIRC some muffler shop in MI was selling POS crush bent duals for like $1200. Now that's a freakin' rip off & crush bent to boot!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard