Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Josh Posted this in the general forum cause he couldn't find the old thread....

Hey guys,
For those that followed the thread left in the Group Buy section, here is some up to date info. For those that didnt follow the other post, heres some info for you as well.

This past week, we put a cougar on the lift and discussed some ideas on a true dual exhaust setup. End result...it will be alot of work. cost for the kit will also be high. Currently we make an exhaust similar to what it would look like. Our T-bird kit, pretty much piggy backs the whole way, as this kit would as well. Therefor we know we can make it. However, for the amount of work involved, we would have to take deposits. This is largely due to the uncertain demand the kit may have. Also as it looks now, we would not have anything done for about 6 months. Thats not how long it will take to make the kit, we just have other things going on now.

For now, please give me a final show of hands, that would be willing to make a deposit on the kit. We wont take deposits for afew more months though. For reference, the approximate cost of an ALUMINIZED kit would be about $700.00. The deposit would run about $100.00 and we would need atleast 10 people.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

josh
YD Performance

1998 Black 3L Contour SVT Sweet Home Alabama
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
$700 is cheap for true duals with mufflers! Everyone who wants this and can't weld your own, I'd say jump on this!!! Demand should be high as that's cheaper than what people are already spending for minimal improvements over stock from aftermarket Y-pipes and Bassani or Borla cat backs. 6 months kinda sucks though...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Agreed, at first look it seems high, but when you take into account the cost of a high flow y-pipe and a good cat back, the price is about the same.
Moose

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Take into account that it's aluminized steel not stainless steel though.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
yes but not everyone is concerned with laying on their garage floor and looking at their exhaust piping......

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Anyhow,

he's trying to see the number interested, so if anyone's interested say I.

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I

1998 Silver Frost CSVT #4014 Some mods My car
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
ME But 6 months may be too late

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
what's up with us californians any chance your gonna fit two cats under there. i was under the car the other day to change the oil and it looks like there would be room for two small cats side by side or you could run the two on end
===<====>========
=========<====>====

<====> = cat
in other words you could fit 2 cats closer together, if they wernt dead next to each other.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard