Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
I am wondering are split fire spark plugs good for running NOS? or what kinda of spark plugs are good for it? and should i just gap them at .35?

W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
far as i know split fire are below crap, heard a lot of bad stories and never decided to use them. not sure if stock motorcraft is good enough for superchargers but i know they work well on stock motors, so do autolite. friend of mine with an svo stang uses bosch +2's and says they are alright with his turbo.

f250 4x4 muddin anyone?
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Plugs have a heat rating. The colder the plug the more heat it can handle. Nitrous and boost cause more heat. If the plug is not cold enough it will burn off the electrode. On the flip side if it is too cold it will not burn off the excess carbon and foul out. Picking a heat range is critical. Split fire to my knowledge does not make a plug 'cold' enough to handle nitrous. I knew a guy who ran those on a turbo and it screwed it all up. Think NGK.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by rghtplcerghttme:
far as i know split fire are below crap,

Exactly!

Bosch are as well.

If you have a buddy runing +2's in an SVO turbo you had better tell him to replace them ASAP!!! Seen far too many platinum center electrodes drop and plugs shatter. BOSCH Plugs = garbage for boost!

NGK folks! (my choice for boost) Heck even some stock copper Motorcrafts would be good.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
NGK TR55...

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
NGK TR6's gave great results on my Zetec engine.
The TR55's started worked well too, but thr TR6's came out cleaner even though I ran more nitrous with them.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods

Link Copied to Clipboard