Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Like he said Install info needed. Otherwise consider me in!!

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
*** INSTALL ***

TOOLS:
  • two "really flat" flat head screw drivers. I recommend small ones
  • PATIENCE
  • JB Weld, Silicon Glue, any really strong ADHESIVE

STEPS:
  • Using one screw driver pry AROUND the Ford emblem on the chrome strip, with the other pry OUT the emblem. Do this with great PATIENCE, average time is 10-15 mins to get it off without scratching up your chrome strip.
  • Clean up the remaining adhesive from the recessed area for a smooth surface
  • Apply the adhesive to the BACK of the emblem or in the chrom strip. For best results use a CLEAR drying adhesive
  • The emblem are a very tight fit but there is less that 1/16" play top and bottom. If you're picky like me center it and leave the trunk OPEN for atleast an hour for it to cure
  • Let it fully cure over night...normally about 12-24 hours.

Please don't remove your emblem yet since I won't be shipping anything out till Feb when I actually start making them. If I do get orders up to 15 starting of January, I'll go ahead and ship end of January before school starts.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Do these fit on the front grill location as well? I searched for the answer to this but couldn't find it.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
Yes they do fit on the front oval perfectly.... someone has a picture of it I can't remember who though. But I have a new mod for the FRONT comming up soon. So I suggest waiting to see if I can deliever on the front one before buying two of these.

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by path914:

SWEET!! i'll take one for the front also I'm in for the GB no matter what, OK

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
What does it look like just with a sliver disc over the Ford emblem in the back... I think that if I remove the SVT off my trunk it'll be a different color...

Last edited by Bridge; 12/15/02 10:55 PM.

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
It does not go OVER the ford emblem, you have to remove it. I don't have pix of it but I thought it looked kinda funny but clean without the SVT. Funny because you have this recessed oval but just that, the oval.

I did offer blank disks at one time but nobodie went for them really.

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
You can put me down for one also. Just let me know how you want payment.

99 CSVT-Tropic Green - MSDS Headers, Trubenz Catback, Sho-shop Y-pipe, K&N with Mirko connector, Mirko Splitter, Superchip, Pillar & Guages, Aussie Sun Shade.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:
Originally posted by showtime:
Originally posted by SVTJoe:
I will take one, definately will change the look.

Joe

Yes....it is a very nice aesthetic mod

DUDE! I love your car's asss! That sounds gay, but I think it's great. I really want to paint the black part down by the exhaust tips and the refelctor. Did you do this yourself or have it done? If so could you give me few details on how much or how long it took you? I'd greatly appreciate it. I've never been great at painting so I've kind of shyed away from doing this mod so far. I also want to paint my dash t-red to match the rest of the car too.

thanks for the compliments
it was done at an auto body shop.
i forget how much...i had it done right after i bought the car, along with the sail panels and some other stuff done.
i'm guessing it will cost you around $100-$150 to have it professionally done.
just take you car to a few places to geet some quotes...someone will probably cut you a deal...its a relatively small/easy job.

2000 SVT (silver) #1529 of 2150 ------------------- yeah...its modded "having no way as way and no limitation as limitation"
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard