Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Actually the water circuit is pretty dang simple on this one. Just a nice closed continuous loop with about 8 hook ups in it and some simple plumbing.

Rick

Sure, but simply having the water circuit is added complexity. Not that a little added complexity is horrible or anything (heck the Vortech itself is a LOT of added complexity!) especially not when it is justified.

I think the added complexity is quite justified, given the dire need of charge cooling on the vortech setup, and the extremely limited package space.

While $1000 is a lot of cash, it is certainly not unreasonable for a good water to air IC, heck a good air to air core alone can run you $700 or more. in addition to the other fabrication and part costs to fit it to your application.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I want one! I did try the Eclipse style intercooler, but I would have had to cut a hole in the hood for air and I was not up for that. This is just what I want and WILL buy one if you offer it.

Simon new- '04 Dodge Dakota 4x4. V8, 5spd FOR SALE Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)- SOLD! New project-'88 Ranger 302 swap.
B
Learned patience the hard way
OP Offline
B
Originally posted by fst4dr:
I want one! I did try the Eclipse style intercooler, but I would have had to cut a hole in the hood for air and I was not up for that. This is just what I want and WILL buy one if you offer it.

Woohoo, my first taker! LOL Simon, I should have mine up and running in a few months so I will keep you posted. I held the tank up to the S/C tubes on another car I'm working on last night and it should be a very nice fit.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Rick

I'll take one, but, I would like to see some pictures of the kit and HP numbers before I give you a 100% commitment.

B
OP Offline
B
Chris, not a problem. I'll be doing the beta testing on my own car with dyno numbers as well. They won't be a direct relation due to the fact I'll be running a 3 liter with more boost and such but we should be able to at least get a with and without peak HP number for comparison reasons.

Thanks,
Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
A big thing folks should think about is that in weather over 60 degrees an intercooler is going to let the engine produce significantly more power and do it much safer.

The Vortech is notorious for dropping power and boost with it gets hot out or hot underhood. Sometimes it's like losing 20% of the power you already had!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

The Vortech is notorious for dropping power and boost with it gets hot out or hot underhood. Sometimes it's like losing 20% of the power you already had!

I agree. For this very reason, I finally removed the hood liner. We're talking some serious "heat stroke" when I was driving the car just after it was put back on the road. It was almost as if the the engine was seizing up, relatively speaking. It lost that much power when the underhood temps got very hot.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Chris, not a problem. I'll be doing the beta testing on my own car with dyno numbers as well. They won't be a direct relation due to the fact I'll be running a 3 liter with more boost and such but we should be able to at least get a with and without peak HP number for comparison reasons.

Thanks,
Rick

Excellent, I suppose I have to install a smaller pulley and change out the bypass valve too.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard